Rye Patch Was Golden (34 Grams)

I finished my 2020 Field Training of customers a couple weeks ago at Rye Patch and was able to run the 7000 without interruption for 6 days.  My best day was 12 nuggets but I also have to admit that on 2 days, I was skunked (the 2 days I was swinging new ground looking for a patch. ).  Almost all the gold were whisper signals most folks are not good at and in a particular wash near the burn barrel, I pulled 7 in a day.  I even called over some customers who were hanging around to let them listen, watch and learn.  It just amazes me this detector can pick up nuggets at 14 to 18" deep and they are less than 2 grams.  Now I would never expect these kind of results in the Spring though so make sure you know your ground and timings.

I was able to also watch Lunk dig his 1 ouncer and it blew me silly how it had been missed by the older machines.

Anyway, we had a great trip, fabulous customers/camaraderie, some delicious meals (Thanks Chef Rusty) and good gold.  I'm starting to see a pattern when training though.  The lady customers seem to pay more attention and their proper coil control gets them more gold.

20201107_163224.jpg

Fabulous finds!
It was great hunting gold with you and the guys as always, Gerry.

Excellente!

Once again you give us a fantastic hunt with plenty of gold to look at.

I hope some day to be able to learn from you.

Thanks for the story and picture.

Is that ounces or grams?

11 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Is that ounces or grams?

Grams my friend.  If it were ounces, I feel Lunk and I would still be out there.  I've yet to hit a 34 ounce trip, but have been fortunate enough to earn a few multi ounce trips.  

This pic is probably one of my all time best ever and it was with a VLF. 25+ ounces with over a pound of Au.  Just think if we would have kept all the gold we found back in the days?AK07.jpg.7d6c6c677ab706b31ad46655e1c23a8e.jpg