Rye Patch, Only For The Brave!

LuckyLundy

We had a 3 party hunt scheduled Condor, LuckyLarry and myself.  I set sail East Bound and down on I-80 to Rye Patch from Reno.  I texted the Boyz and received a text back from Condor that his Truck was sick and couldn’t make this trip!  Well just meant more Rib Eyes on my dinner plate!  LuckyLarry, was on his way from Elko to Rye Patch and the timing was perfect he followed me in to our camp site!  Temperature Gauge was a solid 97 at the 3 O’Clock hour.  Larry, hunted out here in the Hey Days of Rye Patch.  He was just learning Gold Detecting back then and scored many nice nuggets!  But, ended up being a Top Notch Relic Hunter.  That’s how we met.  We met on the Internet with me needing some old Relic’s ID.  He was my go to guy to tell me the history of anything I’d dig up in the Goldfields of California.  Of course, I avoided these extra trashy old camp sites and would pass the location to Larry for his Relic hunts when he traveled to California.  We set up camp and hopped into my RZR Buggy into the heat to swing our 6000’s on my old patches.  Finding left over nuggets that our older models missed, but the heat!  Had to hit a 100 before some clouds moved in to cool things down!  Them clouds had rain and in front of them was the wind.  Headed back to Camp to beat the rain, as I left my Trucks Windows half open which was the way the wind and rain was blowing in.  Made it back to camp wet Windows up with a gust of wind that had to be over 50 mph.  Well early to bed with showers on and off and the next morning with more rain to heavy to detect in which gave us time to eat some cookies and for me to remember where some more old patches where at to swing on.  Gone for 4-Days with 2 1/2 days of good detecting!  We ended up with 20 Dinks each!  Two Lucky 🍀 guys with plenty of smiles for our efforts fighting Mother Natures last blasts of Summer!  I figure I’m now about 80% done with having the 6000 over our old patches in Rye Patch.  I’m sure we left gold in the patches we hunted for further visits…never can get them all and every day is a different day!

Until the next Hunt!

LuckyLundy

FFE412A2-1BC3-4CFA-9B77-6B9DCEA85E1C.jpeg

nice gold. hows that RZR Buggy doing for you.
 i ask as i had a hard time deciding on what kind of mining buggy
to get, ended up with a Honda pioneer 500.
wanted a bit more room for cargo.

Two brave gents…you deserve the gold you got. Thanks for recounting your trip, it's always fun to hear

your adventure.

Well done Rick, you and Larry were rewarded for your patience and perseverance. Hope to see you in about a month.

All the best to you and Robin!!!

1 hour ago, Joe Fortunato said:

Well done Rick, you and Larry were rewarded for your patience and perseverance. Hope to see you in about a month.

All the best to you and Robin!!!

Joe, should be cooled off by then!  Maybe a few left for you to find...low & Slow!

Rick

2 hours ago, Bishop said:

nice gold. hows that RZR Buggy doing for you.
 i ask as i had a hard time deciding on what kind of mining buggy
to get, ended up with a Honda pioneer 500.
wanted a bit more room for cargo.

Any Honda is a good Honda.  Not sure I know the Specs of the Pioneer 500.  But, my little 570 RZR fits right in the bed of my Pickup...so, I don’t have to worry about flat tires on a trailer too!😬

Congrats on the hard-won gold!

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures, you guys had a great hunt finding the gold.

Good luck on your next outing.

Great job, LL. Which coil did you mostly use at RP? I find the 14 DD to be a blessing there. Finally no more salt howling, especially after rain.