Surprise At The Park

DentWC-03b.jpgThat double sided key reminds me of a key for a few of the old Watchman Time Recorder/Clock, back in the old days many "Watchmen/Security Guards" had to walk a beat every hour or so around the factory or business, to make sure they did walk the beat instead of just sleeping the night away in the guard shack/office they had a "recorder/clock" most were round and they had check points around the factory that had a key inside a locked box they would insert into the recorder then turn it and the time recorder would either punch or stamp that check point and the time on a round paper disk, as a young kid I went to a factory with my next door neighbor and my Dad's friend who was a night watchman there, I walk the beat with him and the keys at the check point looked similar but a bit different to those double sided keys.

I'm not saying that what those keys were for, but they could be, when I saw them it brought back the memory of going to work with him that night as a very young kid, I felt I was also a night watchman since he let me turn all the keys to stamp the time recorder!! LOL

Here's a photo of a watchman time recorder/clock that is similar to the one he used with double sides keys that would be in the check point box, the triangle shaped key was for winding the recorder/clock.

Nice work! 

I used to average one SLQ a year, but the past few years I haven't bagged a single one.

Nice hunts NCT! 👍

Great you got silver. That GM key fob is really cool! It would be interesting to know what was there before the park. That might take some work.

28 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunts NCT! 👍

Great you got silver. That GM key fob is really cool! It would be interesting to know what was there before the park. That might take some work.

I didn’t even notice the GM on it.  I thought it was one of those divot tools used by golfers.  Thanks for noticing that!

12 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I didn’t even notice the GM on it.  I thought it was one of those divot tools used by golfers.  Thanks for noticing that!

No problem. This is what it looked like in 1956. 🙂

il_794xN.3663660153_dfqg.jpg

Great hunt with some nice finds, I wish you more luck on your next outing.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:22 AM, NCtoad said:

Sorry to quote my own post but in the second pic, right upper corner are two copper washers.  I dig these quite often. Does anyone know what they were used for?

to me they look like the small washers used on spark plugs.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, F350Platinum said:

No problem. This is what it looked like in 1956. 🙂

il_794xN.3663660153_dfqg.jpg

I wondered what that was, and now a week later I see you've ID'ed it.  1956...; someone with a 1956 GM vehicle (Chevy Belair is a popular classic but there are many others) would relish having that.  The jet plane will also interest mid-50's aviation collectors.  Having watched quite a few antique shows on TV, I recall items of interest to collectors of multiple disciplines can generate a considerable amount of attention (and associated value, or at least competitive bidding in auctions).  Have you found this on any collector websites?