I May Not Rush For The Next Update!

Relic Hunting in the iron has presented no issues. Maybe Nokta can make a "Hypersonic Legend" for the jittery guy. Oh my!

I too have found that The Legend does very well in iron, both small surface & deeper big pieces with the pre set IB. First Tone  Break @ 7. The Ferro Check is helpful on shallow & mid depth flat tinned cans & such. Don't let near by nails showing keep you from digging a mostly good tone. I'm finding good targets 3-4" under nails that I had missed before. I dug another 10-12 last evening still running V1.04.

Having the IB adjustable may not be as big a deal as I anticipated. If I do adjust it, it won't be far. 

Right now, I`m feeling the same way about the iron bias setting. I`ve been digging a lot of nonferrous targets with nails in the hole. Your confidence in a machine really grows when that happens, and it happens quite often. I was very excited with the Legend after the first hunt. I have 31 hours in now and it just keeps getting better. My GREAT old number one machine is on the shelf. The Legend is hanging in the number one spot now! 

As a newbie I love the Legend. It is so easy to use even I can't do too bad. 

I think of this detector as a platform. Nokta seems very on top of fixing things and new coils are on their way. 

I will get the 9x5 for sure. This machine will shine brighter and brighter as feedback is put into the machine and the platform grows. 

and as a noob I like the idea that I got a great machine at a great price. 

Easy to use, light, flexible, I am very glad I got into this hobby with this as my first metal detector, I love it. 

Hell I found half a horse shoe the other day. Can't beat that!

16 hours ago, Dirtshark said:

I think a whole horseshoe beats that...just guessing though.  🤔 

Glad you're having fun in your introduction to the hobby.  Keep digging and honing your skills and you'll ultimately up your treasure to trash ratio.  Though many experienced detectorists find common iron items to be somewhat of a nuisance, sometimes you get surprised like the time I dug two horseshoes that were linked together like someone buried them that way on purpose, or the old piece of iron that turned out to be an actual "iron" used by a CW officer in a CW camp.

The Legend appears to be a fantastic value, very versatile and capable, and IMO easier to operate and navigate than even the Simplex.

Anyway the key to enjoyment of this hobby is having fun.  The detector is a tool and Legend should have you covered for awhile.  It will be a very difficult detector to outgrow as you progress in the hobby.  Now all you need is to accumulate swing hours, dig it all now (treasure and trash) so you learn the "language" of your detector, have a great attitude that includes finding the interesting aspects of even your seemingly junk finds (you seem to have that covered), doing research, and most importantly, getting out there and getting access to promising sites.  Move on from Miss "I'm keeping all your finds" and Find the reasonable landowner who will give you access.  It's all about location, location, location.

Go get those treasures.  Believe me, you can definitely beat half a horseshoe and Legend will help you do so.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:07 PM, Dirtshark said:

As a newbie I love the Legend. It is so easy to use even I can't do too bad. 

I think of this detector as a platform. Nokta seems very on top of fixing things and new coils are on their way. 

I will get the 9x5 for sure. This machine will shine brighter and brighter as feedback is put into the machine and the platform grows. 

and as a noob I like the idea that I got a great machine at a great price. 

Easy to use, light, flexible, I am very glad I got into this hobby with this as my first metal detector, I love it. 

I think you found an OX shoe. They are made in 2 pieces because the have cloven hooves. I find them all the time.