Back To The Spur Spot Hunt #4

I was eager to hit the spot after a long work week. Saturday morning early I showed up only to find three trucks with trailers and about 8 people rounding up all the cattle to move them out. There is no feed left and the previous times I was there the cattle just ignored my truck which was a good indication that they were not being fed. Even so  they all looked to be in great shape. For cattle ranchers now is a tough time due to drought as feed prices are extremely high they have to decided what to sell and what to keep and move to other areas. At any rate I decided to abort the mission as they were parked right on top of where I was finding everything lol. I decided to be responsible and go back home and do some yard work 🙂 

Sunday morning I was right back again to give it another good sweeping. I left the Deus 2 in the truck. I wanted to see what the other detectors could find. The Equinox with the elliptical coil got a couple things but my old trusty CTX 3030 still impresses me after all these years... It's so good on deep high conductors...even in nails if you just move slowly along...I was using one of my favorite programs for relic hunting  "Gone Huntings Combined mode" ...the watch fob was the find of the morning for me...the CTX called it a 13.45 with the target trace giving me a nice solid red dot on the screen the kind of signal you dream of in a good relic spot. I was hoping for a seated quarter but was not disappointed when the fob popped out...it was at least 8 inches deep. Also got my 3rd shoe insert at this spot...this guy must have had some serious foot problems....By noon it was getting hot so off I went back home to cool off. More yard work and my avocado trees have lots of baby avocados. We had more lady bugs this year the I have ever seen. 

strick 

thumbnail (10).jpeg

thumbnail (11).jpeg

thumbnail (12).jpeg

thumbnail (13).jpeg

thumbnail (14).jpeg

thumbnail (15).jpeg

All very nice.

... And that's why you left the Deus in the truck 🤣 I'm out right now and all it's finding are really deep beer cans. 🤮

Awesome finds, glad you have a CTX. What are the triangular things? Looks like you got a big old fancy doorknob too!

Great photos again! 👍

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds those butt cream tubes. 🙄

Strick, what kind of Avocado trees do you have up there?  I have a Bacon Avocado in my backyard and it’s still too young to produce.  I’m thinking about adding the CTX to my lineup just worried the minute I buy it they will release a new model.  

10 hours ago, strick said:

...The watch fob was the find of the morning for me...the CTX called it a 13.45 with the target trace giving me a nice solid red dot on the screen the kind of signal you dream of in a good relic spot. I was hoping for a seated quarter but was not disappointed when the fob popped out...it was at least 8 inches deep.

I find a Masonic token from California and you find a watch fob from Indiana.  Go figure.  😄

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Awesome finds, glad you have a CTX. What are the triangular things? Looks like you got a big old fancy doorknob too!

350 I don’t have a clue what the triangular things are I’m just trying to keep up with you  on the relic posts lol. The CTX is a killer machine despite what Chase thinks 😁

strick

9 hours ago, ROCKINGCM said:

Strick, what kind of Avocado trees do you have up there?  I have a Bacon Avocado in my backyard and it’s still too young to produce.  I’m thinking about adding the CTX to my lineup just worried the minute I buy it they will release a new model.  

Rock- so I got 6 trees. One Hass, two Lamb/hass one bacon one Mexicali and one I forget what it is. If you buy them small they take 4-5 years before you get any real fruit.  I like the lamb hass cross the best the avocados are large tasty and produce the most.  I got to be more careful because last season I had a branch break off my best tree...it had 72 avocados on it! They can be hard to see because the leaves hide them. Not letting that happen again.  On the ctx I would wait till this Fall and see what Minelab is up to. 

Strick

I just love my CTX, and it's really thanks to strick I bought one, one of the few detectors I've purchased other than the Nox, 24k and GPZ I really love.  The rest I could have done without and probably regret buying them more than I'm glad I did.

Good hunt strick, glad to see you giving the CTX some exercise, it's fat enough without spending its time resting at home.