Legend Sound Stopped Working…….and Ideas Why?

• 2 months later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently saw on FB that in lieu of a general recall on all early model Legends, they will replace the speaker on any pre-'new' speaker unit that goes out even if it is no longer under warranty.
Nokta FTW

That is a common sense policy & reflects their customer oriented approach to things.

On 4/1/2023 at 3:05 PM, D&P-OR said:

My external speaker on my Legend (v1.09) went out yesterday also.----Bad bunch of speakers?

A 1.09 version from the factory should have already had the updated speaker in it, that is not good to hear at all

• 2 months later...

Hi,
my Ledgend speaker stopped working yesterday. I guess its a defective contact because this morning it made some start up sound but very, very scratchy and then stopped again. (Headphones work fine)

I have version 1.11 on it (as it was delivered).
I had exactly the same issue with my Simplex+ a year before and the dealer just send me a replacement.

I this Ledgend case the dealer is not sure what to do so I sent an e-mail to noktadetectors.com. I hope they'll take care of me and my Ledgend.

24 minutes ago, Unimog said:

Hi,
my Ledgend speaker stopped working yesterday. I guess its a defective contact because this morning it made some start up sound but very, very scratchy and then stopped again. (Headphones work fine)

I have version 1.11 on it (as it was delivered).
I had exactly the same issue with my Simplex+ a year before and the dealer just sent me a replacement.

I this Ledgend case the dealer is not sure what to do so I sent an e-mail to noktadetectors.com. I hope they'll take care of me and my Ledgend.

send to sent 🙂 (autocorrect issue)

17 minutes ago, Unimog said:

send to sent 🙂 (autocorrect issue)

It's a known issue with early units and a bad batch of speakers, Nokta will certainly look after you.  

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's a known issue with early units and a bad batch of speakers, Nokta will certainly look after you.  

I agree with that, but it concerns me that he says his Legend was delivered with the latest update (version 1.11) which implies it was a recently manufactured unit.  If that is the case, then it looks like Nokta still has a speaker reliability problem even after they changed their speaker manufacturer.  Hmm.   It's great that they stand behind their product, but who wants to keep sending their machine in for the same repeated failure regardless of whether its covered...  Hope I'm wrong and its just an outlier.

Hopefully he just has a nice dealer that updated it for him.

No speaker issues here on the Legend I purchased in October last year, which I run almost exclusively on the external speaker at volume 3-4. Not saying this isn't an issue for others, but I think it's also useful to report when a known flaw is a rare(?) case and not the norm. 

FYI, the Legend I purchased almost a year ago came with v1.05 installed (if I recall correctly), which I quickly updated to v1.09, then the v1.10's before the final v1.11. No issues on loading the updates, and v.1.11 is smooth sailing as far as I'm concerned.