Father's Day Gold

1864hatter

Hi there, 

It was fathers day recently here in New Zealand and as my wife and I have a habit of getting a day to do what we wish on mothers / fathers day I chose to go detecting. Area of choice this time was a somewhat remote but relatively well detected area. As I'd only fairly recently (in the last year) come to get to grips with my equinox 800 I thought I might be able to produce something with it. 

My good friend accompanied me on this trip and when we arrived to our chosen river after a 3hr journey from home he set about sniping in a bedrock area where we'd found some gold previously. I also had a bit of a snipe but it wasn't too far above freezing so I decided to go detecting. If found about 4 micro nuggets / flakes in the first 10 minutes. Then I crossed the river to the next area of bedrock and got another small piece in a crevice that led under some gravel and boulders in a likely drop on bedrock. I decided on a hunch to clear a little of this material off the crevice and detected it again. Another target was uncovered straight away. This target actually was the start of a concentration of a few dozen tiny pieces along a 1m long shallow crevice. Took me a couple of hours to get get it all out. Thi is what I got from there, maybe 6 grams. 20220904_105630.thumb.jpg.6ad5ba4bc71173933902fbf54c36e291.jpg

After the success from that crevice I found another similar bedrock situation close by and got another couple of grams or so from that. This was a lot more than my friend found sniping in the same time, and I was warm and dry! 

The rest of the day we sniped and detected various areas and the equinox steadily found small flakey nuggets and my friend got some slightly larger bits and pieces from his sniping. 

All in all a very enjoyable father's day with a respectable total of 14.9g between us for the day 20220904_181823.thumb.jpg.ea9af4abcbfe8d86b1f156c745e7e4ee.jpg

Outstanding, you've got yourself a good spot there! You'll be itching to go back, hopefully you don't have to wait until the next fathers day 🙂

Very nice gold.

5 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Wow nearly ½ ounce in a day from those teeny, weeny NZ nuggets. I think they weigh more than Simon pesky little bastard pellets... 😀

pesky little bastard pellets.... sounds familiar lol.  Hatters teeny weeny nuggies are huge compared to what I've been digging all season.  My pesky little bastard nuggets are about the size of Simons' pesky little bastard pellets!   LMAO!

Nice gold Hatter......