A Couple Of New Nuggets

billdean

I hunted all morning without anything to show for it. About 1:00pm I meant up with some friends for lunch and talk over the mornings hunt. Nobody had found anything. We all took off in different direction again. I ended up in a very small wash leading into a slightly bigger one. It was about 30 feet long and 2 feet wide and maybe a foot deep. I had never detected there before so I though I would try it until dark about 2 or 3 hours away by now. There were some old tailing piles there. Wasn't long I got my first target. I dug it up and it was about 1/2 a gramer. Then 5 minutes later another one. This went on for a few more nuggets. Seven in total I believe. Then I did a coil sweep on the topside of the wash. My 6000 sounded off different. It seemed to give me a low high tone. I scraped the bigger rocks away and still had the same tone. Went down another 5" until I could hear it with my Equinox. the equinox was giving be a Constance 15 for the target ID . I was thinking big lead or maybe a tin can. I finally got in out of the hole and into my scoop but what is it.
after washing it off a little I see it is gold, big gold for sure. it came in at just under 13 grams  with the 7 others I was over a 1/2 ounce for the afternoon. Best day in my life!!!

C5DED67C-6594-4C92-8DBB-820FFC2B4BEA.thumb.jpeg.1a252dac82bc2bc5912d9b57d7d7b153.jpeg685D0BAD-9969-4EEB-8BB5-571E54035C8D.thumb.jpeg.3658f6507ba3c5cee46e9b4d1d13cb57.jpeg

2A14E567-56D1-402C-AD47-58B61D0967B4.jpeg

Very nice work on the finds as they look great.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

That is outstanding, incredible.  Champion! I'm so happy for you.

• The title was changed to A Couple Of New Nuggets