Best Pinpointer To Buy?

I have a Minelab Pro-Find 35 pinpointer and really like it, but I think it suffers from thermal management issues and will be sending it in for warranty. I'm sure the replacement will be good, but I'm looking to buy a second pinpointer for a spare and was wondering what a is the best one to get.

I've used my fair share of pinpointers and the one I always find trusty, reliable and good performing is the Garrett Pro Pointer AT, can't really go wrong with it.  If I was doing beach/salt water stuff I'd be going a Pulse Dive.  As you said you liked the Pro-Find 35, so you'll love the Garrett AT as my opinion is it's a whole lot better, more sensitive and deeper.

A new kid on the block the Sphinx 03 is a great option and I would likely say it over the Garrett AT if it were available around the world, sadly it's near impossible to get so the Garrett gets my nod there.

• Like 6

For me it is the original Black Garrett pinpointer it still keeps working after many many years of use,forgot the last time i put  new battery in it but always carry a new spare one anyway,i also have the XP Mi-6 as a backup and of course when i use my Deus then i can hear it through my headphones.

• Like 2

For me the Quest Xpointer Max . It is compact , it has an iron disc ,a very useful screen display , a li-ion rechargeable battery , a very useful OLED screen with the battery level and other infos . It is very reliable too . 

The best pinpointer I have ever used 

I loved my ProFind 35 until it finally died. I used my Fisher F-Pulse after that and it is the deepest I have used. After I got my XP Deus 2, I also got the MI-6 to pair with it and it is almost as deep as the F-Pulse but more sensitive on tiny targets. So I use the MI-6 most of the time and use the F-Pulse as a back-up for extremely deep targets.

The Accupoint is a great pinpointer.  The menu is super easy and I like the Disc better than the Disc on my Quest XPointer Max.

• Like 1

I love my Fisher F-Pulse. Before that, I used the Garrett Carrot and liked it. 

I bought my F-Pulse a few  years ago and they've made slight software/settings changes since then. But I imagine it's still roughly the same in terms of performance and reliability.

• Like 1