Some Old And Some New

mn90403

We've been working an area of the desert in Southern California this summer on the days when it is 'not so hot' (under 105) and even some nights.  Sunday night I had a chance to go out again and when I got there the wind was blowing about 15 mph and it was 60 F.  That is cold for here.  I didn't have the right clothes to hunt so I went to sleep until dawn.  

When I got up I started in on an old patch about 100 yards from where I parked so I could 'break my skunk' of the last trip and a half. (It had been about 20 hours without a find.)  About 2 hours into the hunt after a lot of wire trash I finally broke the skunk.  It was a little one but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Less than an hour later I had another small piece.  This is an area where we have worked and worked it almost to death with our 7000s and others so I said I wanted to use the 2300 which I don't use much.  I got the smallest piece with it and then I took a break around 11 AM.

Later I went hunting for a new spot and I found it.  The first nugget from this area was the 'middle finger' nugget in the picture and then a few feet away another.  I gridded the area and found one more in a little depression and just about dark I went over my gridded area.  I heard the mellow, repeatable sound (I missed it while gridding) I had not heard in a while and began scraping and got the bigger nugget.  About 5 feet from that was the last nugget for the trip that must have been laying on top.  It was all brown when I found it and it was loud ... a surprise for the area.

We now have a new direction in the desert that is producing more nuggets.  (8 nuggets/2.28g/.68~.05g)(7000, 2300 detectors)

Mitchel

IMG_8186.JPG

Nice finds Mitchel

It is amazing what you can find what you can find when you have confidence in your equipment and know there is gold in the area.

I had some complaints about that picture so ... here is a bit better one.

IMG_8187.JPG

Mitchel, I think the lighting is better over at my location... and I'd be happy to take another picture for you in perfect light, just send them to me:smile:. Very nice gold and great work, congrats!