Momma Nature's Art Work!

Some of Northern Nevada placers hold some true works of art!  Most are covered by a tough coating of caliche, I always have a bottle of CLR in the back of my truck and at the end of the day's hunt they get their baths to show their special features.  Most of these special chevron or other crystal type nuggets never make it home and end up with another prospectors poke/collection.  My favorite are the nuggets that have crystalline features on both sides of the nugget.  Here are a couple that I've found in the last month that didn't make it home with me.  Until the next hunt.  Feel free to show your favorite nugget(s) on this thread!

LuckyLundy

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Beauts!

This is one oddball I found up there, like a dragon boat or something.

SAASSp6.jpg

The neat thing about nuggets is no two are alike. Thanks for the show and tell guys.

Makes me want to put down my coin detector and go nugget hunting. It's just a short drive down the road of a thousand miles.

Oh well maybe not today.

Chuck. 

Jason,

Never found a double Prong Horn like that!  The one that sticks in my mind was 3/4 inch long, and I wasn't going to dig it, cause it sounded like a wire.  But, it was a slow day for targets...dig them all out there, not much trash in spots!

Rick