Minelab Manticore On Sale

Ah, I haven't read all of the thread but my thoughts are what was said earlier when the price increases were laid on at the beginning of the year.  Raise the price so you can put it on sale!

Must agree that Jeff's satisfaction with it and my soon use of Simon's may cause me to make an order before I return from this trip.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Ah, I haven't read all of the thread but my thoughts are what was said earlier when the price increases were laid on at the beginning of the year.  Raise the price so you can put it on sale!

Must agree that Jeff's satisfaction with it and my soon use of Simon's may cause me to make an order before I return from this trip.

You won't want to use it at many gold locations here, between the shotgun pellets and hot rocks you'll barely have 5 seconds when it's not reacting to something, especially at the new golf course spot, they're shooting like mad there to get rid of the rabbits as it won't be any 18-hole golf course for long, it'll be a few thousand holes.  I tried it out yesterday, big mistake, went back to a PI quick smart and it was night and day.

You know Simon that using a PI to ignore pellets is no different than notching the low end pellet responses out with a VLF? Either way you miss gold and either way you don’t dig pellets. The first few non-ferrous numbers on the VLF scale are basically reacting according to size, the bigger the gold bit, the higher the number.

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You know Simon that using a PI to ignore pellets is no different than notching the low end pellet responses out with a VLF? Either way you miss gold and either way you don’t dig pellets. The first few non-ferrous numbers on the VLF scale are basically reacting according to size, the bigger the gold bit, the higher the number.

yea, the pellets I'm used to dealing with although worse now than ever at that spot, and the GPX I was using picks them up just as well except the tiny little ones, it was more the endless hot rocks that was driving me mad, can't go a swing without it going crazy on them and then there is the question of if I was missing gold because of the hot rocks on the VLF, I believe less likely with a PI that was silent over most of them except the worst ones.  This is a particularly bad spot to use a VLF though, I'd never enjoyed using a VLF in this area, probably my lack of patience with it.

wow 1,2k huh...  no sale like that here in my country... 

5 hours ago, Redneck said:

I'm curious what some of you guys would like in a future update?

welp... I don't know if Manticore will get another feature update or any other updates but I would love to have mineralization's meter and non ratchet pinpoint

On 4/19/2024 at 12:41 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

The Legend and Manticore easily out perform the Equinox 600/800 where I detect the most and I don't have to worry about leaking and build quality either.

As a dedicated Beach Hunter and owning the D2 and Equinox 800 I will not be getting the Manticore. We have done numerous depth tests over two seasons in different conditions different days, maybe close to 15 buried tests. To be honest the D2 and Manticore are too close to call on depth and the Equinox might be 1" difference less than both of those.

One thing on the Manticore I do not like is, all the coil cross supports. I am a ground scrubber and the Manticore is one big sand plow. In my location, I do not see any advantage that the Manticore would cover different from what I already own. 😎 

10 hours ago, midalake said:

One thing on the Manticore I do not like is, all the coil cross supports. I am a ground scrubber and the Manticore is one big sand plow. 

I find it no harder to swing in sand than the Nox or deus 2....M-Core coils are light...are you saying that the cross supports catch the sand? interesting statement...I guess I'll have to pay a little more attention to that next time I'm out...

strick 

Just now, strick said:

are you saying that the cross supports catch the sand? interesting statement.

Yes, the Manticore Coil does not glide as well. But the set-up is light, and the factory lower rod has a nice small diameter that cuts the water nice. 😎

I know what you mean.....the design of the coil has a lot of 90 degree leading edges that "grab" the sand (especially wet) but not too much of a problem. The ribbing traps sand underneath and you need to clean this out if you can. I'm tempted to not use the coil cover as the trapped sand and water stays trapped.......you do notice the extra weight.

I have zero regrets buying the Manticore. My 800 is still kicking I think, I haven't hunted with another detector since I got the Manticore. I pulled two (For Me) bucket listers a couple of weeks ago with it out of a iron and aluminum infested nightmare of a site. I guess iron in this case had a 1857 half dime's I.D. pulled down to 59-60. It rings up 64-65 out of the ground. I've dug 8 flat buttons so far. 3 Shield nickels with one being an 1867 in pretty nice condition for a Shield nickel. It's right along a gravel road next to the Mississippi River levee and the shredded beer cans in this field will make you cry.