2 Good Days In Gold Basin

Chris Ben

I had a couple of productive days in a new area me and my buddy Dave have been checking out. First was last Sunday, I found a wash that gave up 8 nuggets, 6 for me and 2 for Dave, then I found a few small pieces in a couple of nearby tributaries. Ended up with about 8.8 grams.20171126_181732.thumb.jpg.04893cdc9593406228a79e293673aed4.jpg

Then today we tried an area nearby, and I guess I got the lucky wash. I was able to dig up 11grams, biggest was 4.9.  Two nuggets came out of the same hole. 20171126_181703.thumb.jpg.d03fef06b1a72b652ad37738723c551e.jpg

Dave and I hiked a lot and dug a bunch of bullets. Deep ones on bedrock, a bunch of heartbreak digs. Worn out we called it a day. It was a beautiful day to be out prospecting. 

Chris

36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Very nice nuggets. Keeps giving me hope that I might find a nugget in GB yet.

What was ya using and how deep ,   you can add where ya was too :biggrin: if ya want JK.

Buzzards, I struck out a long time in GB, before I finally found gold there. I use a GPZ 7000. The nuggets were not that deep, though I did dig a few 20 Inch holes for the bullets. My best advice is to just cover a lit of ground and use a GPZ. Lol

Chris

Chris your kickin butt out there dude !!! I cannot keep up, hehe ... It was a good hunt, congrats. 

Dave

Congratulations on finding those beautiful character nuggets Chris. I'm not inclined to single out any specific one as a favorite because I like them all. Although I must say that I agree with Steve's post above, that particular nugget is outstanding. Thankyou for sharing those superb photos.

WTG :cool:

Jim.