18" Elite Delivers !!

The 18'' Elte is a great coil, and performs well on both my GPX and QED.No doubt that it punches deeper.

Very nice nuggets. Have you ever cleaned your nuggets in muriatic acid? It works amazingly well. I have an article in ICMJ prospecting & mining journal that I wrote from I think this past May called cleaning sampling and hydroshocking quartz gold specimens. If you haven't read it, check it out. Very informative.

35 minutes ago, AuWanderer said:

Thanks goldseeker, I will check out your article. I have been using wink on some pieces. Usually all I use is some water and soft toothbrush to clean the pieces. 

I've mentioned this before somewhere else, but try baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and an initial clean-up.  If you don't think the gold is clean enough, you can go farther with other 'harsher' methods.  Just fill a shot glass half full with H2O2 and then put enough baking soda so that there is still some undissolved after a vigorous stirring.  This solution will do a great job getting into all the nooks and crannies to get the dirt out.  From what I can tell so far, it doesn't change the gold in any other way.  I've used Muriatic acid in the past and I don't like how it 'bleaches' out the reddish/iron features of the gold I find around here.  Just a suggestion....

.....and I think I want my coil back.  :biggrin:

Congrats on some more awesome gold.  Keep at it, those ground cover plants will grow back fast.

Good Luck !!  :smile:

Luke