Poll - Primary Intended Use For Equinox

Poll - Primary Intended Use For Equinox  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four types of detecting embodied in Equinox will you be doing most often?

• Park Mode type coin and jewelry detecting in groomed areas with modern trash
    • Field Mode type coin and relic hunting in open fields and woods
    • Beach Mode type coin and jewelry detecting in a saltwater environment
    • Gold Mode type gold nugget prospecting

• This topic was pinned and unpinned

After looking at those stats so far tell me companies shouldnt raise an eyebrow and produce more serious salt water machines.....not just waterproof machines.  Thanks Steve..... i think this is going to be interesting and maybe eye opening.   Disregarding coins....... i wonder how many of those park and beach hunters are looking to find more GOLD targets?

I am

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Randy Dee suggested this topic and I need practice creating a poll so here it is. One choice only.

Thanks Steve

The current high level of poll participation reflects well for the Equinox utilization and makes good stats for Minelab.

So, since unlike most times when you answer a question that you can only pick one answer and you cannot qualify the answer----I am going to take advantage of the ability to do so and qualify my answer. If this detector did not promise to be a good saltwater beach detector, I probably would not be so eager to purchase one, even though it will get the most use from me in a park context. I live two hours from the beach, so parks are where I usually detect. Don't forget, parks are everywhere. Saltwater beaches, by comparison, are rare. So, considering that, the beach use is actually scoring pretty high in this pole.

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

After looking at those stats so far tell me companies shouldnt raise an eyebrow and produce more serious salt water machines.....not just waterproof machines.  Thanks Steve..... i think this is going to be interesting and maybe eye opening.   Disregarding coins....... i wonder how many of those park and beach hunters are looking to find more GOLD targets?

I certainly am. I'm primarily a beach hunter. So if I can replace finding aluminum pull tabs and tent stakes for more gold finds I will have gotten my monies worth on the new Equinox.

There wasn't an exact match on the Poll, so I selected Beach Mode. My primary purpose for the Equinox purchase is for shallow water (fresh) and all-weather coin / jewelry hunting. It will be a Big bonus to me if the Equinox is able to take over 'old yard' and 'park' hunting duties currently assigned to my Etrac or old west sites currently assigned to my Racer 2. I like the simplicity of fewer detectors, although I currently have several, just the way I am. But I see the benefits of having complimentary detectors where the weaknesses of one are covered by the strengths of another.

I've also wanted to try a little gold nugget hunting out at Rye Patch and similar and it looks like the multi-purpose design of the Equinox can at least get me in the gold nugget front gate without having to drop $$$$ on a dedicated gold machine before knowing if it's my cup of tea.

Rich (Utah)

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Randy Dee suggested this topic and I need practice creating a poll so here it is. One choice only.

Great poll, Steve. The results so far are really interesting.

I also will be trying for gold but my main hunting will be park like settings.  I have an old town to hunt in that has lots of iron trash.  My Equinox 800 will get a real workout.

My main hope for the Equinox is for more gold rings in parks and at the beach. I won't turn down a silver signal (or a clad quarter) but 2018 is the year of the gold ring for me.