Equinox Blow Up Is Just Competition, What Do You Think?

I’m by no means the biggest multi line dealer or the oldest and in fact not even Top 10.   Certainly not one of the smartest…as I sometimes ruffle a few feathers.  But I do know detectors and know many of them very well.

In the 20+ years I have been selling all the top brands of detectors, I have never witnessed this kind of buzz for a new model.

What caused the Equinox Blow Up is COMPETITION, so I’m not giving Minelab all the kudos just yet. Lets give credit where credit earned.

Hats off to White’s for 1st digital Smart Detectors, and then colored LCD screens.

My Ball Cap is tipped to Tesoro for making a fine series of Micro Max (smaller than your fist) detectors that find many small items many other units miss.  I just wish they would have done something more in the last 15+ years.  I heard they are working on it though.  Hats off to Fisher for their fabulous 2 frequency detectors… 15+ years ago.  At least they dropped the prices of some very popular F series…They have to be competitive.  2 Hats off to Garrett  #1 for offering us a completely waterproof detector with digital processor and priced easily under $1000.  #2 Garrett for grabbing 2 of my crazy (and now very popular) friends from MT and putting them on TV using the AT series detectors.  Even though you may not like some of their tree humping antics… you have to admit…Just brilliant marketing.  In person, those two guys are stand up citizens and ambassadors for our hobby.  My big Cowboy hat goes off to XP Deus for making a compact wireless detector with extreme speed.  They really came out of nowhere and have done us detectorists fantastic finds in trashy sites.  They’ve become a serious player…I’ll admit it.

Now we have the NOX and this can only be accomplished with my Giant 5 Gallon Sombrero Hat to Minelab.  Today and for the next few months anyways, Minelab earns the honors.

Not only do we get Waterproof, Compact & Lt wt.  Wireless/Digital, True Multi Purpose, Lighting Fast Processor and new Multi IQ Technology all for under $1000.  And even with one of them being $650.  Is Minelab out of their minds or is this just another genius chess move?

So now we see the direction and future.  At least I do and many other sets of inquisitive eyeballs are peaking in.

Equinox Multi IQ is soon going to be the norm for Minelab.  The up and coming  Hurricane series should be even more exciting.  Isn’t Hurricane season just a few months away?  After current model inventory is moved and cleared out..the new  models could be:

Go Find equivalent with Multi IQ will be the - Hurricane Force 1

X-Terra equivalent will be Hurricane Force 2

Safari equivalent will be the Hurricane Force 3

E-Trac’s equivalent will be the Hurricane Force 4

CTX 3030 equivalent is called the Hurricane Force 5.

Will these new up and coming models cause the firestorm the Equinox did?  I don’t think so as I expect the prices to be more at that time.  Why do I think the tag will be higher, at least with the Force 3 – 5?  By then the majority of NOX users will have seen the benefits of Multi IQ and once that fuzzy feeling gets in your veins, its hard to not want the next best thing.

Now with the other manufactures?  It’s not over by any means.  They are watching, working and strategizing.  Deus, White’s, Garrett, Tesoro & Fisher all have their Engineers working behind the scene.  Their teaser ads and leaks will start to appear in the next 18 to 24 months.  Only if you folks knew…

As a user, boy I sure love Competition. 

BTW.  The big hat.  Yes that's me.  I'm a big Boise State football fan.  Yes we're the little guys who play at home on the blue. I was at the BCS Fiesta Bowl when little Boise State took down Oklahoma,  it was a David vs Goliath moment in my life.  Actually one of the best college football games I have ever witnessed.

Thanks  Gerry

Gerry's Detectors
www.gerrysdetectors.com
Gold Nugget Field Training

& Genuine Metal Detecting Experts

FiestaB (2).jpg

Anyone that has not been around Gerry is in for a treat. Larger than life in many ways and brave also. I have never seen any dealer ever tear into Minelab at dealer meetings as fiercely as Gerry, and some things he says just leaves the entire meeting rolling on the floor. I am much more reserved and so kind of jealous of people like Gerry!

Yes indeed competition is great. The heat is being turned up high now and that can’t help but give us better detectors.

OMG! Gerry just started a fire storm . There will be people pre ordering the Hurricane Force series before it is announced and be upset when it don't arrive days after the announcement. 

I already checked Cabela's for a Hurricane Force 5 but It is back ordered so I guess i will wait a cpl of years. Kellyco shut their website down and turned off the phones.. 

I am # 6000 on the pre order list with one dealer and  # 202 with another

Nice Hat Gerry, er ah Sombrero!!

I thought Gerry was talking about the battery 'blowing up' and the 'competition' was using the story! 

Minelab has been developing some good products but they have also been developing some good hype prior to release making it seem like it is a 'must have' or you will be wasting your time swinging something else.  I feel this way right now.

Mitchel

Thanks for the support Steve.  Without your openness to this forum allowing us all to express our most deepest inner feelings... about the hobby we so enjoy and the people who help educate/promote it.

Yes I stand up to many and voice my concerns, but I want those folks to realize.  it is not that I am trying to be a pain in their asses (but at times I am).   It is more to the point that I care about this hobby and the manufactures that make detectors for my customers.  If my customers have problems with a product or service department, then I have issues too.  If I feel a manufacture is not handling something proper and it affects my customers, then it affects me.  My life has been with a detector in hand, at least 40 years anyway.  My only source of income is selling adventure to customers.  The detector is all about Adventure.  Now folks, lets grab a few machines and go have some fun.

11 hours ago, Dubious said:

Let's not forget Macro and Nokta on that list--fine machines at reasonable prices that definitely made Minelab and other MD makers pay attention.

Dubious,  No disrespect to them, as I have found gold with the Macro and like many of its features.  I was referring to the bigger brands here in the US that were popular many moons ago.  Hats off to Macro, Nokta and any other good competition as the more options we as users have the better the prices points become in the long run. 

Photo is the 1st gold nugget I found with the Macro Gold Racer in AZ just as they released them into the US.  last shot is one of my staff members (Scott) in the photo.  Please don't disk him for crappy coil control as it should be right on the ground. 

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0046.JPG

On 2/25/2018 at 1:35 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

last shot is one of my staff members (Scott) in the photo.  Please don't disk him for crappy coil control as it should be right on the ground. 

Don’t be a high-looper, Scott! ?