Advertisement for the New Minelab GPZ 7000 in February ICMJ Magazine

I see a lot of GPX 5000 (used) hitting the market soon...................

Damn beat me to it with the picture, have it saved on my laptop...looks like Johnathan has been having fun with the GPZ 7000. I'll post my pic anyway. It's only $10,000! Yay! Lol

post-175-0-78912200-1422597363_thumb.jpg

Will it be able to use the 11 coils I have for my 4500?  :o  :blink:  :angry:  Just don't know what to think although I kind of expected this move to the CTX or similar housing.

Shasta Gold Hunter- Perhaps you are failing to factor in the difference in mineralization between Nor Cal and Australia. What Johnathon reported may be outstanding depth for his location.

Merton

Well, I guess I got my wish. Here is a copy of my post from October 17, 2012 at http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/9655-minelab-ctx-5000/

"I have a Minelab GPX 5000 and a Minelab CTX 3030. I am a firm believer at this point that the GPX 5000 has taken PI nugget detecting technology about as far as it can go, with only better ferrous discrimination the only thing to offer me. And I am not holding my breath for that. So where to go from here?

Pretty obvious I would say. Cram the GPX 5000 into the CTX 3030 package. I see no reason why it can't be done. The only limitation would likely be battery time per charge but if a CTX style battery could get me just a half day operation I am fine with changing batteries at lunch. A GPX 5000 is a single package with built-in speaker and GPS and waterproof to 10 feet would be killer. A new coil set mimicing the CTX set would be great as new waterproof coils would be a must. 8" mono, 11" (or 12") mono and 11" (or 12") DD and 18" mono would be all I would ever need. People are already using the GPX for beach and relic hunting and this would put it over the top. I would be using it for almost any detecting at all except where discrimination is a must, like turf hunting in a park."

Minelab needs to have this thing tested by some one who is 1. A cynical person 2. Is not impressed with futuristic molded plastic 3. Finds fault with every thing and everyone (except himself) 4. Dislikes inanimate things with more brains than himself  5. Can break the horn off an anvil from careless and abusive use 6. Could care less about keeping up with the Joneses (except Mrs. Jones) 7. Is not the sharpest light bulb in the drawer

I believe I would be perfect.

The link to miners Den shows gold from JP and gold from Steve in the USA...I truely admire a man with the intregrity to keep a confidence...of course i don't know what Steve is intended but the gold is sure pretty!

They apparently didnot include discrimination  or, at least it is not mentioned in the ad.

Klunker, I have always maintained that the true test of a new detector would be  some randomly selected users from the gold forums...

fred

I was a fence sitter with the SDC 2300, until I got to swing one on and old patch. You can read what others post about their review of a detector and then read between the lines. I've ran into countless prospector's in the field with their new detectors saying so and so story inspired them so that they ran out and purchased one. I'm not from Missouri, but I do like to kick the tires before I purchase. You can show me the gold you found with the product, but I didn't find it. I will have to have one in my hands, just like the 2300...but, I won't wait as long...lol. It had me at 40% deeper and I was only looking for 10% deeper!

LuckyLundy