The Gold Specimen Cleaned Up Well. Should I Stop?

Soaked the 22 gram speci in some WINK and boy does it look nice.  I think after it is smashed, sifted and melted, there might be 8 to 10 grams.  The last photo is what it looked like just after I dug it and before cleaning.

1Big24A.jpg

1Big24B.jpg

1Big24C.jpg

1Big24D.jpg

ABig24A.JPG

Stop!  Looks fantastic.

nice one....!!!!!  leave it alone????

FTLOG stop Gerry, before those gorgeous quartz crystals crumble into powder!?

You folks know I would never crush it but bow have a seen some videos of collector pieces being smashed, solid nuggets getting chopped and even some sawed into smaller ones.  Davesgold, I soaked it for about an hour in Wink.  

I did drop it though and a few bits fell off.  Guess that is what I get for playing around.  Just love looking at it though.

• 10 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, davsgold said:

...That Wink must be good stuff, what is in it that is doing the job.  Over here I use "Alibrite" which is an Aluminium cleaner, and has a very low % of HF but it takes weeks to dissolve the Quartz, but only a few days it get a specie looking "clean".

Spelling is actually Whink:  https://www.amazon.com/Whink-Rust-Stain-Remover-Ounce/dp/B003KIQIW8/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPelEblgXOEi5OhfQDq_SQejrzjwNjfDD2-XCBHaTartH1XoTg-kTVhoCpdAQAvD_BwE&hvadid=241645596943&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9016564&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17298008456077216060&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-1389632425&hydadcr=693_1011790827&keywords=whink&qid=1562864159&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Here are the Material Safety Data Sheets (msds) for both Alibrite and Whink.  You can read there that Whink has between 1% and 2.3% hydrofluoric acid whereas Alibrite has less than 1%.  This probably explains why Whink works faster at dissolving quartz.

SEPTONE ALIBRITE.pdf Whink-Rust-Stain-Remover.pdf