Nice hunt at the beach and good to see you keep at it to make a good find.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

Wow, what an awesome find Mitchel- congrats! I know that was a great feeling seeing that gold chain dangling from the scoop! Way to go after those "1"s. The smallest gold chain I have found with the NOX was about the same size so I think (hope) that it's real.

• Thanks 1

That chain sure looks good to me and with a 1 sounding off I’ll bet it’s gold. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

GB, I was using my 800/15 in my go to settings of 23/6/tracking off.  The rings show no evidence of precocious metal.  One is corroded.  One is very thin and the other one is a little toe ring or ?.  They all were 10's before I dug them.

You caused me to go back and take more detailed pictures of the one ring because it is 'marked' as 2K 19 which means nothing to me.  It's size and shape remind me of a pipe compression ring but the material is brassy.

IMG_20210113_102327_035.thumb.jpg.a2cdbd343fa1e4395baf28711204a9b9.jpgIMG_20210113_102118_955.thumb.jpg.5ca84ccbe9366f45d6b37e569b7287c5.jpg

IMG_20210113_102026_564.thumb.jpg.f495f565544cfb5e943a91c3e34cafa8.jpg

• Like 3

I have looked at the other side of the 14k clasp and it says CRG.  I've looked it up and it stands for Central Rand Gold so now I'm pretty sure it is real.

Fantastic find, chains are tough at just about any depth unless they are all balled up and even still tough.

Well done!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mn90403
      I took my son down to a beach between rain showers today.  When we got there I saw the beach was favorable for a hunt so when I took him home I turned around and went back.  Well, not exactly.  I went back and I forgot my scoop and rain coat so I had to go back again!
      There weren't a lot of targets but I did get a couple of quarters and some indicators but I couldn't really find a pattern/line.  I knew I didn't have much time and I was a bit impatient with my 800/15 so I stepped up the pace and said I only want 'good' targets on my way to a beach area that has given me good success in the past.  Before I could get there I heard this scratchy 8-9 but it was not solid like a good ring.
      After a couple of scoops I could see color in the side of the hole.  That is not a normal thing for me.  I wish I had taken a picture but I just scooped it and looked in the bottom.  It was a great color, not as heavy as I would have liked and it reminded me of a cheap ring style.  But that color had me hopeful for something real.  The rain was coming so I had to turn back.  I had gotten in 1.5 hours.
      When I got to the car I could see 18 C.  When I got home I looked up 18 C and it said it could be the same as 18K or 18 ct if the ring was made in a country where English was not the spoken language.  It cleaned up pretty nice with my ultra sonic cleaner.  It weighs 4.6 grams and is only missing 1 of the stone inclusions.  They are faceted but many are very cracked and chipped up so I don't know what they are made of but the ring itself catches light well and sparkles.

This was the rainbow on the way home!

This was the way it looked before I cleaned it up.

• By mn90403
      This is quite a video ...

• By Againstmywill
      Out today to a local soccer complex that I have detected before. I believe it may have been an auto junkyard because there are tons of signals that sound amazing. It's only after I start digging to the earth's core that I realize it is not a silver coin, but rather a large piece of aluminum trim or car door handle, etc. Nevertheless, I had two signals that were actually good, solid high-tones with repeatable numbers. The 50¢ piece was a 33 id. I thought for sure it was going to be a silver ring, but the coin isn't bad either as I don't find many of those anymore.
      The next high tone that caused pause was a 37-39 id. It was under a soccer goal, so I'm sure it has been detected before--likely left alone due to it sounding a lot like the rest of the trash in the ground. I also was going to leave it, but when the coil was raised and waived over the signal, the audio trailed off quickly. It was very caked with sand, but some brushing help reveal at least some details. The front looks like the rest of the medals I found online, but the back does not appear to be the same. Do any of you have anymore information about these medals? Also, how does one go about cleaning the crusted sand from the medal(bronze)? I know it could harm it possibly, but it certainly won't be worth anything in its current state. 
      Equinox 15", 7 recovery, all metal,  Park 1

• By Dancer
      My 10 year old At getting some extra time while my Infinium is getting overhauled.  Found a brackish water small beach, tide just heading in slow.  Polluted with tabs and had been hunted recently.    Pretty quiet till I struck a small area with a nice spill of coins. So about $2.90 and no bling.    Doesn't sound like much but a bonanza after hunting in deeply sanded beaches.    Great day too.

• By Nik11
      2 metal detectors under 1000$€£ 
      Both have won many compliments and have been talked a lot  since they were released in the market! Which one would YOU choose...? 🤔
    • By Northeast
      Having just spent a few days at the beach using the Equinox in beach mode and it performing so well I wondered if people use them for detecting salt lakes looking for gold.  Maybe a silly question? 
      My disclaimer is that I have never done that sort of detecting but have read many comments over the past few years about salt lakes being notoriously hard for detectors to handle. 
      Although the Equinox is a VLF and might struggle against a PI in mineralised ground, would it possibly have a distinct advantage in a high salt environ.  
      Steve H - thanks for shifting my other thread about beach detecting. Again, wasn’t sure about this one - Gold forum or Equinox?
      Cheers, N.E.