Any Word On Shipment Of Coiltek 10 X 5 Coils?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I wait for availability of the 10x5 Coiltek, I decided to make myself feel better by constructing an interim solution.   Good ergonomics, runs quiet and stable, great depth and separation. 

You can just buy it from the NZ Dealer, he ships overseas.   These are what is left from his second batch, I got one from his first batch. https://www.dredgenz.co.nz/product/10x5-equinox-coil/

I think the 10x5 is going to be worth the wait, so hang in there relicmeister.  Hopefully, I'll have a few hundred swings with it under my belt come this time next week and I can report on it.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It’s just if he has so many and can get more just bye asking for it then what’s stopping us from getting them here.

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase  

I hope you have a great evening.

Chuck 

Chuck - my apologies that you got offended.  Thought I put enough smiley faces in so you could see I was just trying to inject some levity.  You asked the question above and you repeatedly complained in several posts that you felt the US was somehow being disrespected by Minelab/CoilTek as a result of this coil shortage. All I tried to do was provide perspective with levity and to give you a straightforward answer as to why CoilTek was struggling to deliver and why the NZ dealer had a leg up on the US dealers.  He simply had a geographic advantage.  I guess I should have thrown in some references to the Missus or to inappropriately clad chic beach detectorists from the Northeast so you could relate better to the humor.  :laugh:  As a result I’ve since edited the post to make it boring and humorless so as not to offend anyone’s sensibilities.  Once again, my apologies and I hope you have a great evening.  

• Like 1

Wow, since posting on here that my dealer has them sitting in stock all of his stock has sold out! They were sitting there for weeks unsold. Crazy! 🙂  It shows the demand is high people are willing to buy them from another country,  maybe people may want to keep an eye out on his GPX 6000 stock levels too 😛

Oh yea, I forgot, Dealers are not allowed to sell Minelab to overseas markets.

Interesting fact, all his coils he had in stock sold to US customers!

Edited by phrunt
Update about who bought the coils
  • Like 2

I dont think any one market is being favoured over another - there's no stock of the small elliptical equinox coil at the local Minelab distributor in Adelaide, South Australia which is where  Coiltek manufacture their coils - so just being local does not mean we get priority.

With a new product release the sales team will give production a forecast of what they think they will sell - no sales team would forecast that a new product will be the biggest selling product in the companies history - so its just going to take a while for manufacturing to catch up with demand.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, Chase Goldman said:

... Anyway, here is the official statement from CoilTek:

IMPORTANT UPDATE - Coiltek NOX COILS

Since we launched the new NOX coils just 4 weeks ago on the 3rd of March 2021, we have received 1000’s orders for the product, and these orders are continuing to grow each day. We have never before experienced such demand for a Coiltek product.

We are naturally delighted to have such a positive response to the NOX product and we are grateful for your support. However, due to this unprecedented worldwide demand and the various impacts of COVID-19, deliveries are taking longer than usual. 

Be assured, our worldwide distributors and dealers are doing the best they can and we are keeping in close contact with them. They are being updated regularly on availability and stock quantities.

We at Coiltek have a great production team and we are working around the clock to supply. Our commitment to quality and providing you with the best product possible is and will continue to be at the forefront. 

Current delays can be up to 6-8 weeks. The best way to purchase a NOX coil is to contact your local Coiltek dealer and place an order. Again, thank you for your support and patience, we sincerely apologise for these delays.

The Team at Coiltek

-Emphasis is mine in the above quote-

While I appreciate Coiltek making an official statement on their website, I'd be much more impressed if they would update it a little more frequently. Case in point, the statement above was clearly put out around March 31/April 1, and delays have progressed to well over the 6-8 weeks they've indicated. I'm still waiting for mine, pre-ordered with a major dealer very early on Feb 3 - from the March 3 launch, that puts me at over 14 weeks. Maybe I just have a bad dealer, but he has no estimate whatsoever on shipments and availability, causing me to very much doubt how much Coiltek is really able to fulfill their statement that dealers "are being updated regularly on availability and stock quantities", beyond telling them that there is no availability.

I get it...there is unanticipated demand and unprecedented market forces at play, and manufacturing/supply chain logistics are backed up thanks to COVID and other factors. But that doesn't excuse Coiltek for making only one official statement, and then not updating that statement for over two months, when it's very evident that the situation is worse than the statement is admitting, at least for US customers. To me, that's disappointing customer relations, and leaves me with a poor first impression as a first time Coiltek customer. I don't mind waiting for a product when I understand why there's a delay and the manufacturer is communicating in a timely manner about those delays. I'm a firm believer in "underpromise and overdeliver" - so it's disturbing to me as a customer to see clearly outdated and stale information on the company website during what amounts to a customer service crisis for the company. To me it screams "we don't care, we've already got your pre-order money." From that perspective, I actually find it a bit laughable and obnoxious for them to exacerbate the crisis by adding "the best way to purchase a NOX coil is to contact your local Coiltek dealer and place an order." I see where the priority is.

Good, honest, and timely communication goes a long way. Some advice to Coiltek: Update that statement at least once every two weeks with a date stamp so customers don't have to do the math from launch, and put honest, maybe even conservative, delay estimates in there. If the delays vary significantly for a particular region (ie, the US or North America), say so, and give a brief explanation about why. A few honest sentences go a long way toward generating goodwill with customers. When a large customer block can see that their experiences are drastically different from the company's spin control, that's when a poor reputation starts to develop. 

Just my honest 2 cents. I hope my coil arrives before Autumn, and I genuinely hope it's worth the wait.

Edited by AirmetTango
Grammar police...
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, AirmetTango said:

-Emphasis is mine in the above quote-

While I appreciate Coiltek making an official statement on their website, I'd be much more impressed if they would update it a little more frequently. Case in point, the statement above was clearly put out around March 31/April 1, and delays have progressed to well over the 6-8 weeks they've indicated. I'm still waiting for mine, pre-ordered with a major dealer very early on Feb 3 - from the March 3 launch, that puts me at over 14 weeks. Maybe I just have a bad dealer, but he has no estimate whatsoever on shipments and availability, causing me to very much doubt how much Coiltek is really able to fulfill their statement that dealers "are being updated regularly on availability and stock quantities", beyond telling them that there is no availability.

I get it...there is unanticipated demand and unprecedented market forces at play, and manufacturing/supply chain logistics are backed up thanks to COVID and other factors. But that doesn't excuse Coiltek for making only one official statement, and then not updating that statement for over two months, when it's very evident that the situation is worse than the statement is admitting, at least for US customers. To me, that's disappointing customer relations, and leaves me with a poor first impression as a first time Coiltek customer. I don't mind waiting for a product when I understand why there's a delay and the manufacturer is communicating in a timely manner about those delays. I'm a firm believer in "underpromise and overdeliver" - so it's disturbing to me as a customer to see clearly outdated and stale information on the company website during what amounts to a customer service crisis for the company. To me it screams "we don't care, we've already got your pre-order money." From that perspective, I actually find it a bit laughable and obnoxious for them to exacerbate the crisis by adding "the best way to purchase a NOX coil is to contact your local Coiltek dealer and place an order." I see where the priority is.

Good, honest, and timely communication goes a long way. Some advice to Coiltek: Update that statement at least once every two weeks with a date stamp so customers don't have to do the math from launch, and put honest, maybe even conservative, delay estimates in there. If the delays vary significantly for a particular region (ie, the US or North America), say so, and give a brief explanation about why. A few honest sentences go a long way toward generating goodwill with customers. When a large customer block can see that their experiences are drastically different from the company's spin control, that's when a poor reputation starts to develop. 

Just my honest 2 cents. I hope my coil arrives before Autumn, and I genuinely hope it's worth the wait.

well said and it needed to be said. some want coiltek above reproach.

• Like 1

I think the problem for Coiltek will be related to production, they won't want to expand their production and put on more staff and buy equipment and so on for something that is likely to be a one off big demand for the coils, once everyone who wants one has one from the pent up demand from Minelab not proving enough coil options then the sales will slow to a crawl and they'll unlikely every see such demand for coils ever again so scaling up for mass production might be a bit of a mistake.

From everything I've seen and heard so far only the 10x5" is popular too.  The few in NZ that bought the larger sizes have not been overly impressed.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The few in NZ that bought the larger sizes have not been overly impressed.

I could have predicted that based on the specs alone.  Perhaps a little more market research and Coiltek would have realized what folks were really clamoring for were the Vanquish coil sizes that ML inexplicably made to be non-interchangeable with Equinox.  No one wants to swing a boat anchor that at best is going to give you perhaps an inch or two more than the stock coil.