Reasons To Hold Onto Equinox 800 In Light Of Deus 2

I guess if you look at the 3 way plug on the deus that comes with detector, it in itself is a reminder to charge more than 1 component. There are alot of detectors I really like, the equinox is one of them, especially for the beach. But even with having to charge the coil, remote, and ws4 , I still appreciate it's collapsible shaft, light weight, S-shaft and quality of build, and now waterproof to 65 ft,  and performance over any other.  I have a feeling the FMF deus 2 will be at least on par with equinox .  So with everything else I just listed ,that will put the deus 2 above the equinox . My opinion only.  

Also, salt beach performance and the other general advantages that come with Multi Frequency VLF (even better iron handling potential a la SMF iron bias methods).

I don't have a Deus

Assuming this new Deus will have some Salt Water performance. 

This coil charging thing, Is this port really ocean proof ,salt water  impingement proof? 

Ocean hunting is lots of detector abuse.

• Like 1

I don't have a Deus

This coil charging thing, Is this port really ocean proof ,salt water  impingement proof? 

It's not a port its more like the Equinox except there is not a magnetic connection there is a clip that you attach...there has been some problems with the clip...I just had to replace mine but it is 7 years old...

strick

I don't have a Deus

Only time will tell.  Need some real world testing.  The coil charging port has not been an issue to date as the existing coils are rated to be submersible in salt or fresh water.  The issue has been wireless signal transmission submerged (requiring antenna claprrap) and the limited salt stability associated with it being a single frequency machine.  The control box interchangeable plug approach looks robust. 

• Like 3

What I like about the Deus 2 release so far is they haven't come out bagging the competition, or saying their detector is going to be better than the competition.  So it doesn't have to be, It can excel in it's own areas, who knows what they've achieved with it as they've been very tight lipped and just sort of threw it at us and I like that.

Talking about a detector years ago acting like it's going to be released is really off putting to me.   I much prefer the way XP have done it.

So what we do know is it's a water capable machine, it's going to have at least Dues 1 capabilities and it's now got a multi frequency option so we know it'll likely work well on the beach.  They have said they've improved Target ID's on it, from Deus users it sounded like that was something that really needed improved. So that's the very basics of it and it sounds pretty good to me.

When buying it you know you're buying wireless so you just have to deal with the batteries that wireless devices have, it's a shame they don't make a Deus 2 basic version for those that don't want or like that functionality, it could be significantly cheaper and would likely sell quite well too. 

I'm one of those people that prefer non-wireless coils, what I have noticed though is a majority of the people that own one appear to be quite happy with the wireless coils so they must be fine.  I'm not normally one that doesn't like the latest and greatest, but I don't like gimmicks and I see wireless for a coil a bit gimmicky however as many have indicated it's not there for no reason, it proves many benefits.  I would hate the headphones and no control pod, I'd have to have the control pod and hook it up to the shaft in the traditional style. 

I've sat back for a while and stewed on the Deus 2, and until it's released and I see many reports from users I just don't know what to think about it....  It's pretty exciting to have another player in the MF market, I can see the direction the market is going and soon some will be left out but I think they already knew that would happen long before it did.

• Like 8

What I like about the Deus 2 release so far is they haven't come out bagging the competition, or saying their detector is going to be better than the competition.  So it doesn't have to be, It can excel in it's own areas, who knows what they've achieved with it as they've been very tight lipped and just sort of threw it at us and I like that.

Talking about a detector years ago acting like it's going to be released is really off putting to me.   I much prefer the way XP have done it.

I'd hold off on the kudos for their marketing strategy until we see them hit the market.  It's interesting that they jumped ahead of Nokta/Makro's SiMF announcement (which I think is still scheduled for a week from tomorrow).  Which of these two will actually be in detectorists' hands (via retail channels that is, not pre-release testers' hands)?

• Like 3

I am interested and watching for all the new detectors (Minelab included, if there is one coming), but all talking points on them are mute until we see what works and what doesn't and for how long in the real world. Regardless of the outcomes, my Nox stays by my side. 😎

• Like 1

I'd hold off on the kudos for their marketing strategy until we see them hit the market.  It's interesting that they jumped ahead of Nokta/Makro's SiMF announcement (which I think is still scheduled for a week from tomorrow).  Which of these two will actually be in detectorists' hands (via retail channels that is, not pre-release testers' hands)?

Jumped ahead?  That implies XP reacted to Nokta's announcement of it's 19 November live launch event. If memory serves, Nokta announced their 19 NOV live launch event date on the same day XP had established 2 Nov as the Deus II announcement (29 Oct).  It appeared that Nokta was caught off guard by XP's announcement timeline and scrambled to get their SMF project announcement formally launched ASAP in response to XP's announcement.  19 November could have been in the works all along and the timing of the 29 Oct announcements by XP and Nokta coukd have been purely coincidence. 

I agree, however, that we really don't have a concrete release date from XP for the Deus 2 so Nokta could actually be closer to release for their SMF machine.

• Like 1

I agree, however, that we really don't have a concrete release date from XP for the Deus 2 so Nokta could actually be closer to release for their SMF machine.

In France , the Deus2 release date will be starting from December if I refer to what is currently displayed on all the French MD internet sites ..

An example below:
XP DEUS II Pack 22FMFRCWS6 - metaux-detection.fr

Capture.PNG

• Like 1