Nokta/Makro Legend Available In USA

Obviously offering a Standard version and a Pro Pac version is good thinking. Everyone's needs & wants varies. I ordered the Pro Pac because I expect to use the small coil a lot & will keep the auxiliary battery pack mounted at all times.

• Like 3

If the external battery pack is like the Anfibio and Kruzer it is an excellent addition. I run my MK off the external most of the time and use the internal for backup. The slight bit of weight is under the cuff and helps balance the machine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kac said:

If the external battery pack is like the Anfibio and Kruzer it is an excellent addition. I run my MK off the external most of the time and use the internal for backup. The slight bit of weight is under the cuff and helps balance the machine.

Does it preclude the use of wired phones like it does on the Legend?  If so, it's a no go for water usage, despite the battery itself being waterproof.  It's just not an accessory I see a need to pay for, even if discounted as part of a package deal, and like I said, not a fan of the 6" hockey puck accessory coil also included in with the pro pack. Just don't see a need to pay for accessories I don't need or want regardless of how good the package deal price is is on paper.  It's just my personal opinion and counterpoint to others who saw no sense in getting the standard package because of the favorable Pro Pack pricing. Nevertheless, I applaud Nokta for offering the choice of Pro and Standard options.  If a 10x5 coil existed and was offered in a package deal, then it might be a compelling offer to me despite my reservations about the external battery pack.

Hoping to get this coil on the Legend. 

Dilek we NEED this 10″x5.5″ (GK26C) coil in DD format for the Legend:

Waterproof Concentric Search Coil - 26x14 cm / 10

• Like 4

I will have to wait on the Legend due to my brick and mortar store only getting 2. No rush.

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Love this coil and love my gold kruzer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Yes.Yes.Yes.  That's the coil that would make a killer Pro Pack or standalone accessory.  Huge, huge demand for this in the US.

• Like 2

Kruzer and Anfibio patch the external battery to the wired headphone jack BUT the external battery has a jack for the wired headphones so it doesn't matter. Legend wouldn't make much of an upgrade for me as the Pulse Dive pointer isn't compatible with the Legend wireless. Not sure why they junked the green wireless hp compatibility. If anything keeping that tech on the Legend and maybe come out with a higher end hp that would also be compatible with the Anfibio makes more sense to me.

Coil wise, no concentric option doesn't really give it any edge over the Nox. Just a less expensive Nox alternative as far as I see. I kind of wish they did their own thing with SMF. Even an SMF Anfibio. The screen layout on Anfibio and Kruzers are well thought out and no digging through menus.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, kac said:

Kruzer and Anfibio patch the external battery to the wired headphone jack BUT the external battery has a jack for the wired headphones so it doesn't matter.

No such jack on the Legend.  Oops!  Yep, hated that they didn't retain the proprietary wireless making my Nokta Pulse Dive incompatible as an integrated wireless PP with my Legend so now I have to sell that with my Simplex and the green phones and WAIT until they come out with a BT compatible PP companion to the Legend.

Also, on LiPo batteries such as the built-in one on Legend, not a good idea to always run it as the "backup", i.e., keeping it fully charged by using the external spare.  If you keep it continuously "stored" in a full charge state it will lose capacity with time quicker than if you put periodic charge -discharge cycles on it.  With the internal battery on Legend not being user serviceable unlike other detectors, I want to avoid anything that is going to degrade the service life of the battery such as using the external spare at all times rather than for occasional marathon detecting sessions.

• Like 3