Official Minelab GPZ 7000 Sales Brochure

One stupidly obvious thing I noticed... why didn't they make the handset collapse like on the SDC 2300?

It would make the whole thing fold down to a much smaller size.

EDIT:

Actually thinking about it, if the GPZ was fully collapseable, Minelab would be cannibalizing their own market, since looking at the field tests, the GPZ out performs the SDC in all areas except portability, price (I assume) and performance in water. It also doesn't take standard batteries from what I can tell, though the lithium cells should perform better than Ni-Cads.

Steve Herschbach, on 12 Feb 2015 - 5:07 PM, said:

This is it folks - most of your questions answered, and fodder for forum controversy for sure!

All except the price. :o

Curious minds want to know!  

• Like 1

7.32 lbs  doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me swinging that kind of weight. Did I hear someone whining a while back about tendinitis?

Lets see: digging one foot holes.

and swinging 7.32 pounds and 5k-7k cost?

Ill pass.

Ivan

7.32 lbs  doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me swinging that kind of weight. Did I hear someone whining a while back about tendinitis?

Ivan

I guess that was me. Whining huh?

My theory is the manufacturers have got it in for me personally. The more I bitch, the heavier they make the detectors. First we get the Minelabs at 5.3 lbs. Then White's came at me with the TDI at 5.6 lbs. Garrett was having none of that and managed to get the ATX up to 6.9 lbs. Apparently Minelab was not willing to relinquish the crown and here we are at 7.32 lbs.

They are obviously working in concert in an attempt to break me. Well they won't do it! Come on Fisher, do your worst. Do I hear 8 lbs? Your turn to have a go at my arm! It's an arms race!!

• Like 6

The GPZ looks to be like a CTX, which is ergonomically very comfortable. I can hunt all day with my CTX and not get very tired. Its a good balanced design.  

From what I can tell the GPZ looks like a home run for Minelab. Since I am a serious detectorist, I will be buying one.

I'm very happy Minelab decided to add more depth to their gold machine, perhaps they will do the same for their next coin detector also. I really like the direction Minelab detectors are going.

Ok, I think it is pretty obvious I was a field tester. At this point I do have to wonder what with all the information coming out why we are still on hold but the fact is until I am officially given the go-ahead I can't comment. I really am sorry about that as I want to be able to talk as much as you want me to be able to talk, maybe more. Hopefully the powers that be look at the situation and say "go" soon. Please try and be patient for just a little bit longer.