My compliments to Skate on his post and I'd like to add just a little more to it.  The metal detecting industry is more susceptible to speculation, both positive and negative,  than any other industry I can think of.  Every time a manufacturer is even remotely suspected of having a new machine coming this same pattern shows up.  You get antsy, "kid on Christmas morning" folks who just can't wait, you get doomsayers who can't wait to pick the product apart, and you get others who speculate endlessly as to what the machine will do and how it will do it.  For me, this is fun to follow for a little while and then I get burned out on it.  It reminds me of the off season in pro sports, when for months all you get are analysts resifting the same sand over and over until the season starts.  I commend Rick., Le Jag and Alexandre for sharing their info, and Steve for providing insight and also some much needed discipline to the conversation. But honestly, the only voice I really care to hear is that of Fisher to simply say when they will offer the Impulse AQ for sale.  Followed by the voices of people who actually buy and use this new detector.  Now that will be interesting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel ... as a strong magnetite mineralization ... has Black Sand in Tenerife? ..

On 1/22/2020 at 12:14 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Daniel ... as a strong magnetite mineralization ... has Black Sand in Tenerife? ..

Tenerife is a volcanic island

The only point was to test the EMI performance under the transmission lines. I did find a couple of bottle caps and a penny, but that wasn’t relevant. Reminded me of the old days in Saudi Arabia - I do miss the vast emptiness of the empty quarter - the Rub al Khali.

C9D7139B-CFCC-4FD1-82EA-F9115B02F92C.jpeg

7727DE08-37A6-4BBE-83FE-0751203ACEF4.jpeg

C42958AC-47CB-454A-ADE5-FA8C840CED33.jpeg

A3538033-82B1-4219-96ED-E876BC52C653.jpeg