Golden Delicious, Largest From Idaho In 2020

Largest Gold Find in Idaho for 2020, you tell me.

As some of you who have been on DP for quite a many years, you know one of my focuses of chasing gold is in tailing piles.   My biggest finds have all been in tailing piles and I feel most folks just don’t have the patience to get skunked for hours and sometimes days or weeks.  But the rewards can be very gratifying for those who are dedicated and don’t mind a few “0” nugget days.  Well since I’ve been training customers for 25 yrs, I see some of them actually taking that next step.  Hats off to them as I know how hard they truly hunt.

This particular customer is most certainly there at the Advance Level.  He has found some amazing pieces of gold in years past with every gold detector he purchased from me.  But to pull off this one only took his 3rd trip out with a 3 week old Equinox 800.

Total weight of this beauty is over a pound coming in at 14.68 ounce troy.  Specific gravity shows right at 3.6 ounces of heavy thick creamy rich yellow metal. 

I swear this year has been fantastic for my customers and I can’t even hardly keep up with their finds. 

If anyone has seen a bigger piece of gold come from Idaho this year with a detector please let us know.  Heck, I’d just as soon be happy with anyone showing us some Idaho gold.

So my question to everyone is this:  Would you rather find a bunch of smaller nuggets or a single big rock “Idaho Golden Delicious”.  

Do you feel this piece is worthy of a museum and how would one go about getting it into an Idaho museum without outright donating it?  Has anyone been through the process?

IDD.jpeg

IDC.jpeg

IDB.jpg

IDA.jpeg

that's one beauty of a rock !!!!!        

You gotta love a big rock.

What were the numbers on the Nox?

Mitchel

I think you should of put it next to a $100,000 Bar instead of a Snickers.

Approach the museum curators or a local bank that may want to display it.

Figure out the approximate value of gold content and double that for a starting price.

Banks may want it to show off their assets to the general public and their customers.

That gives you 2 options for that beautiful nugget.

As most of my gold is Eluvial and not Alluvial it is great to see a well worn piece of rock/quartz and the gold looks like it took a bit of hammering as it went down the waterway. It sure is a nice specimen.  

🤑

Outstanding finds and well done to the finder,was that found with the 11'' or 6'' coil on the Equinox ??

He should be a happy fellow.                                                                                                                                                                                                         I like to hit the piles as much as i can when i can too

On 7/1/2020 at 12:04 AM, mn90403 said:

What were the numbers on the Nox?

I think he said it read 8, but I'll need to verify.