The Thrill Of The Find

sturt

Hi all. Been out there for a few years now picking up the bits that your lucky enough to walk over. The other day I was up early and on an area that I have been over before. Thought I will give it another go. Nothing found by me in the immediate area before. Tuned up the 7000, adjusted the harness for comfort and proceeded to swing the coil. 7.16 am exactly. Walked I think 11 steps and the machine went of its dial. Bloody piece of junk I thought but stopped and scraped the surface looking for a piece of steel, then I saw it. I take it that everyone has found their dream piece and remembers the thrill of the moment. The blood rushes, the veins expand, the hands shake, bad language starts and you hope your heart can take it. To me it was a monster, and now that urge to get back out in the scrub swinging the detector again is even worse. I then spent two days searching the area in a well planned 200 meter radius and found nothing. Not even a boot nail. How can this be possible? The saying that gold is where you find it seems true. Planning another trip as soon as possible, cheers sturt305052983_latestfindsAugust2020.thumb.jpg.fd2922b2a113ab0cd0dc81956b8e4532.jpgIMG_20200814_141125.thumb.jpg.dda358a4d8cf73d4a0cbef5da4f5fa22.jpg

Well done!  We all need a 'wake up' to let us know what it is all about.

More can follow but it is certainly better to have the one you got.

Keep seeking.

Mitchel

Congrats, she's a beauty!

Beautiful find can you please take me on your next trip out.

Great job and wish you luck in the future.

Thanks everyone. Probably a small find by most seasoned hunters, but its still out there and a great thrill to find. Would love to go to the USA one day detecting for gold and just soak up the history, but we need to get this bloody virus under control. Stay safe out there, cheers sturt