Well, here I sit - recovering from some minor surgery - the sitting part made more difficult - no more details available....

Today I had Fisher ship the 25th AQ LTD. If I had any idea why it is so infernally slow of them to ship the darned things, I probably couldn’t share the details....but the fact that they give me no useful information about such things means that I am spared the decision on what to disclose.

Mostly folks who have them are learning what they are good for and the consensus is - I think - that like any other detector - they are not good for EVERYTHING. Happily, the consensus also seems to be that they are amazing for a range of interesting and useful things. You can all read about all this elsewhere here.

For me, I am patiently tending my “waiting list” now about 45 or so. Whether FTP will eventually furnish enough machines to clear the list is not known to me, but I am optimistic.

I am surprised, pleased and grateful that the majority of folks on my list are unbelievably patient and polite - You all have my thanks. I am VERY happy that I didn’t go in for “pre orders” “pre payments” of “deposits”. Had I done som my life would be a bookkeeping hell (thank you Steve for good advice!).

When the LTD is done and the “Unlimited” is available, I expect and hope to be one of the dealers for this. In fact, I pretty much feel like I am “all in” for the whole Impulse line.

The Gold is busily in work. Prototypes will be fielded for test and when the time is right it will be “inshallah” introduced. I have bought a new SDC2300 and a nice used Gold Bug 2 to play with in getting ready for the Gold. In the meantime - I bought myself another AQ LTD and am demanding (for that that is worth) to be early on line for an 8” coil to play with the AQ inland - running its paces against the “trial ponies” - all to educate me for the Gold.

Meanwhile, I sit here in Gold Canyon - seeing no-one. I have a couple of “strikes against me” and I am a bit of a “health pessimist” and so the slightest hint of the plague would be extremely unwelcome.

I look forward to next year when we hopefully do more and be more engaged.

Rick sad to hear you are not out digging gold up to your elbows ....

My Prayers are for you to be well and one ahead of Everybody on the Motherload...

Glad to hear you are using this time,of reflection wisely....and sounds like you have a sound plan of Action....

Tell Carl he will get some Boot Soup if he does not get you that Big Eight coil.. I mean Yesterday....

I trust you will snap back better than ever and soar with Eagles high above the Crowd but in the mean time you can pass out Candy and Work on those dang Christmas lights

All the Best Padre GB 

jimpugh

From the title of the post, I was expecting to see a photo of Gold Canyon.  🙂

Hope that you have a fast recovery and be healthier than ever.

14 hours ago, tvr said:

I too am looking forward to availability of an 8 inch coil.

Hope you heal well and can resist over-doing it too soon.

It is coming, the field tests of the proto are finished and it has been validated

Light as a feather and tough as a rock😉

I too am looking forward to the 8 inch coil. Hopefully I'll get one soon.