How Many Detectors Have You Owned?

Aureous

A recent post here got me thinking, how many detectors have I bought? In April this year, I will have been detecting for 40 years. In those 40 years Ive owned 39 detectors lol. Borrowed or hired another 12. Wondering if anyone can  beat this?

Not me....  Been at it for 29yrs, 2 Tesoro (sold), 3 Minelab (soon to be a 4th Minelab)...........

I'm at lucky 13. I almost don't want to buy another because 13 has treated me good. 

A handful of those are things like buying a 2001: Space Odyssey-looking 1960's Fisher VLF because it looked so cool, or buying the old 80's Garrett for $10 out of my buddy's dad's garage, a Harbor Freight VLF just to tear apart and mess with the circuitry, etc.  The other half are from coin detecting days before I found the nugget shooting light. :cool:

45+ years detecting, buying, trying, selling and trying the next.  Probably well over 100 but I never have more than 10 at a time. I've probably really used 50 or so, the rest were tried in the yard and let go. 

Funny that you ask since my wife asked me also since I'm clearing out a bunch of stuff to get a new one. My answer to her was just a couple. Same answer I give her when she asks how many guns I have.

In reality 12 total in a bit over 20 years of detecting. Now the last 7 years I rarely get the time to go out because of kids and work.

3 whites and 9 minelabs. Whites DFX and GMT and original TDI. Minelab SD2100 v2, gp3000, gpx4000, gpx4500, gpx5000, SDC2300, GM1000, EQ600, EQ800.

Since I have been given my grandfathers detectors I only have 2, and until I really know them I will stick to just those. I have had great luck with the 800 an don't even think I could ever beat it so I am happy with what I have. Maybe in the future I might change my mind, but who knows what the future holds.

I hope you didn't ask Steve H because I am sure he can beat all of us.

Wow, Aureous did a count and only got to 16 which includes the coin machines CTX & Deus, and I started in 79 thus we are of same vintage.

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

Wow, Aureous did a count and only got to 16 which includes the coin machines CTX & Deus, and I started in 79 thus we are of same vintage.

Yeah, I got carried away in the 90's 😉. 2/3 of those were in that one decade. Looking for an 'edge' and experimenting with a lot of coin/relic machines. 

Two, a GPX5000 and currently a GPZ7000. Soon to be three.

Been detecting since 1970 not all the time but did have a few small breaks,cannot recall how many i have used but currently own 25 detectors and 51 coils as i got my 15'' Nox coil last week to add to the collection,biggest problem is storing them all.