Another Nice Nugget

I'm out there swinging that coil nearly everyday and finding nothing but crumbs.  I got out late this morning in an area that was shown to me about 16 yrs ago by Rob Allison and Bill Southern.  I detect that area all the time because it's nearly in my backyard here in Sunny Yuma.  This morning I noticed a short gully that was kind of hidden by the rolling hills that I had overlooked all these years.  Lots of drywash tailings stacked on a low bench above the gully.  I didn't see any obvious dig holes and started working the bench.  Not 5 minutes in, I get a decent target signal smack dab in the middle of that bench.  After digging through the old tailings, I started hitting virgin hardpack caliche about a foot down.  At a sensitivity of 1 on the 7000 with the 15x10 X-Coil, I could just barely pinpoint the nugget without blowing my ears off.  I got out the dental pick and started breaking up the caliche so as to not damage the nugget.  A good 30 minutes of work and out popped this sweet specie nugget.   I'm running High Yield, Normal, Sens 12, Threshold 27.

I criss-crossed that bench 4 more times without a target.  As a last resort I jacked up the Sensitivity to 20 and turned down the threshold to 21.  The threshold at 21 sounds like distant Morse Code blips.  In these conditions I listen for the distant blips to blend with a slight hum.  I chase a lot of hot rocks and seams of clay, but every now and then it pays off.  So I found the small nugget about 20 ft from the bigger one and a solid 12 inches deep.  

Slowly working my way towards that new GPX6000.

IMG_20210309_142255481.jpg

IMG_20210309_142727121.jpg

I’m in Yuma now as a new owner of the 7000.  Looking for my first gold nugget. I sure like what you found. Very nice. Generally I’m looking at the south and west base of the Pasadena Mt. 
Might this be a good area? I’m need to this area and to the 7000. A little help would be appreciated. 
I hug a nice target into a quartz seem to come up with a shard of bullet. I had my hopes up for a bit. 

3 hours ago, Condor said:

I'm running High Yield, Normal, Sens 12, Threshold 27.

Very nice, congrats! It might be worthwile to recheck with HY/difficult and general/difficult, to see what else shows up. 😜

GC

Nice work!

It's crazy how similar some Western AZ gold can look no matter how far up or down the state you go. Not all, but a some of it. GB, Havasu, and Yuma area all seem to produce pieces that might bear similar character. 

Great hunt with some fantastic nuggets for your troubles.

Good luck on your next outing.