Freddy Dodge's Gold Prospecting Show

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

They didn't like your shirt obviously and blurred it out, but were happy to keep the AT Gold hat on display 🙂

Garrett sponsors the shows, which is how I made the connections. Garrett calls me like a few days ahead and says "wanna go" and I say "sure!" So the hat stays, but "Alaska Mining & Diving Supply" and "Johnson Outboards" get blurred out. Kind of funny on the Johnson Outboards because the brand no longer exists.

Thanks for the screen shots Simon. I'll have to watch, mainly to see how it gets portrayed out of the footage shot. The true story on this gig is the miner thought his tailings had big lost nuggets, but if you look at the gold he is actually capturing, pretty unlikely. It was no surprise I did not find one, more like it would have been a surprise if I did, especially given the limited amount of time involved.

2 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Steve,

I don't know if you remember but I bought a White's Dual Field from you that had additional shielding for hunting in Hawaii. It found me a few pieces of gold. Been using the Deus ll for most of my detecting nowadays. I'll keep an eye out for you on the Hoffman show. Maybe I can catch the Freddy show I missed. 

Tom

I remember it enough to know that would have been the Surf PI Hawaii Edition that I had, very limited edition. Kind of regret selling that one so good on you. :smile:

I kept quiet about the details but now that the show is about to air, this was from the Hoffman operation 80 miles north of Nome....

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think it is a subscription link. All a quick Google turned up for me.

Yep.  Here's a screen shot of what it said:

Screenshotat2023-06-25210516.thumb.png.a88b73ac50259b01cf0e0938085d330b.png

I may be able to access it with my provider username+password.  If not, I'll find a way.

1 minute ago, GB_Amateur said:

Yep.  Here's a screen shot of what it said:

Screenshotat2023-06-25210516.thumb.png.a88b73ac50259b01cf0e0938085d330b.png

I may be able to access it with my provider username+password.  If not, I'll find a way.

We have Discovery through Spectrum cable, and by activating that Link it gives you streaming access to the shows 24/7

I have Spectrum Cable and I can watch most of those shows 'On Demand' for Discovery and I know it gives me Wi-Fi hot spots to my phone without having them provide my cell service.  

Streaming the shows for free is problematic as I found out trying to get Aussie Gold Hunters.

You can also watch Josh on Expedition Unknown, and he was talking about his carrot on one episode and they have multiple detectors but don't identify all of them.

I did finally watch the episode. Not a bit of the footage we shot where I talk about and explain nugget detecting made it on air. In fact the photos Simon posted pretty much cover it. I arrive, Freddy says we are wanting to see if big nuggets in tailings, I look, answer is "No" and I leave. All in maybe two minutes of air time. But as far as detecting info it's a bust and I'm disappointed in that. Only a knowledgeable person would even have a clue what equipment was being used. But I did get a chuckle at the continuity error. :smile:

No word on when the Hoffman episode airs but I'm guessing since I was there near end of season later July?

hoffman-family-mine-01.jpg

I actually have no respect for any of the fake gold shows Discovery puts out. It gives real mining a bad name. None of these people would be able to get funding to mine with real investors. And they sure aren't using their own money. We'll see how long these last now that Disney bought them out & are bleeding money.