I went back to the local park where 3 silver dimes came out of the ground on the same day a few weeks back. I have found Barber dimes and Roosevelt dimes but never a Mercury dime. I thought this one was a Roosevelt, so I put it in the special zipper section of my pouch. When I got home and cleaned it, it was a nice surprise! Can't wait to see what the Coiltek can pull out of that area when it arrives tomorrow.😁

Equinox, 15" coil, Park 1, 5 recovery, all metal, 22 sensitivity

IMG_20210702_092753.jpg

IMG_20210702_102705.jpg

IMG_20210702_102727.jpg

Funny I found more seated dimes than merc, wasn't until a couple years ago I found one. Pretty good shape on that one.

I've only ever found 2 mercs and a 1857 Trime. Oldest was 1917, and it has a big black stain on it. Found it with the Trime. The other is a 1943. Put the '17 on a snake chain with a bezel, I often wear it for good luck. Hope I find a Barber.

They're some pretty coins. Congrats. 👍

Good going, i have found only one merc, 1916 s. There is just something i so attractive about the mercs. May you find many more with the new coil, i have one and they are so sweet. 

3 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Can't wait to see what the Coiltek can pull out of that area when it arrives tomorrow.

Get ready for a shock... 😁 Thought I'd pretty much killed a small spot and dug all kinds of stuff. I wish you the best luck!

Nice find for sure and wish you luck on finding many more of them.

Good luck on your next outing.

Great job on the Merc., They a really pretty coin. I've dug about a 15 just this year so far. Where there is one there's more. Keep on digging the slightly off tones, especially if they are in that silver range. I've dug about 4 that were in the 21-23 vdi this year.