Swimming In Silver

Yesterday My buddy and I got up early to beat the heat (76@6:00am). We decided to hit the other side of the swim club that was fenced off a week ago, but now the fence was removed and open to the public. I was running the new silver umax and my buddy the 800. The first hour for me was a bust, just a bunch of pennys. My buddy was a 100 yards away and found 2 mercs and a bunch of wheaties. A little hot and frustrated, I walked another 100 yards to an odd looking small tree. This spot most people would have walked by. I'm thinking kids were climbing up and coins were falling out of their pockets.  Maybe two swings and I hit a rosie. I stood up checked the hole and about a foot away I got a strong hit, Out comes a 1941 walker 1/2 dollar. At that point my buddy joined in on the fun. Two more hours of hunting in the now 100 plus degrees Yielded a total of 11 silvers, 39 wheaties, lots of pennies, kennedy 1/2 dollar. Oh and your good old trash. Not to shabby for 4 hours of sweat. I was liking the old tesoro's even more (would I have found them with the 800 Yup) but what fun would that be.

TOTALS  5 Roosevelt dimes, 4 Merc's , 1 Washington, 1 walker 1/2, 39 wheaties

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

WOW! 👍

It was a brutal day here too. I bet that tone when you found the walker was impressive. I got a 34 on my recent '42, knew what I had immediately because I dug a couple of silver quarters near it.

Silver Rosies and mercs are great too but not hefty like that half. 😀 Congratulations on a great hunt. Looks like you'll be busy for a while checking dates on those wheats, hope ya find something valuable.

Nice detector and great hunt.

Very nice finds on such a warm day, glad to see some coins that are in good condition and not last years that are all eaten  up.

Good luck and keep up the good work.