Injuries, Operator Errors, And A Little Gold

Hello,

I headed back to clean up patch #2 where I found bigger gold last weekend. But before I made it all the way there on my hike, I was unfortunately tripped up by a low growing vine that manage to help me fall right on a rocky hill. I did save Fors plus from damage by hitting my knee right on a rock. after a few grimaces I was able to hobble the last 1/4 mile. I turned on Fors plus to all metal with a slight isat adjustment then proceed to ground balance. I was shocked to find out that fors plus would not balance. It made a strange noise that im not use to hearing. Ive ground balanced fors gold detectors probably a thousand times in the past.  I finally discovered that you cant ground balance by pressing the pin point trigger. I guess the pain from my near broken knee cap threw off my detecting skill. I was happy to find out that Fors plus was ok it was just the damn opertor. So I started detecting and it wasn't  long before I stood up from crouching to dig and I got jabbed right inside my left ear by a friendly manzanita stub. Was only seconds before I felt the wonderful feeling of blood running down my ear. Luckily it wasnt too bad. So I ended up gridding the 2nd patch and only getting a few more pieces. Total was 1.4 dwt. I was hoping for another decent nugget, but that was it. I did manage to find a 1800's black powder ball spill. There was 5 balls in one spot. Unfired. I collect those too. Well that is it for that little knoll, now it is time to try the other ridges where there is old diggins. Fors plus performed very well again and came home like a new car without a scratch. I posted pics of the gold area before, so I thought I would post pics of the local vegetation. This is where I spend alot of my time trying to track down new patches of gold. 

20160227_191241.jpg

20160227_170557.jpg

20160227_153946.jpg

20160227_153932.jpg

Knee pads.  Nuff said.  Might look like a dork, and I do, but those and gators I'm Iron man.... now a stick in the ear.... well refer to post on chainsaw armor. ;)  You sure the old timer who dropped those balls did'nt just happen to poke himself in the eye like you did your ear and just fling his precious ammuntion and poke?  Might just be one big spill...  just say'n.  Hahh good on ya.

Congrats on your hard-won gold.

Another vote for knee pads. I have had many instances where they have saved the day.

Working in manzanita is not for the faint-hearted. That stuff will tear you, your clothes 

and your equipment - apart.

Best of luck…