Got all my stuff cleaned up today from my camping trip in NC. Found some interesting things. Tumbled all the coins, put away the 3 Hot Wheels style vehicles and musket ball I dug.20220625_141127.thumb.jpg.8bca124142728d19f5e5c27c078488b6.jpg

168 coins, only keeping 5. $15.73 going in the coin bucket. Only keeping one of the .35 Remington shells and the Brass Fossil key. Brass or gold bead on top, and the silver wave toe ring.

Keepers are 2 IHP's, a 1926 wheat and a 1946 wheat, and one Canadian penny.

Tumbled the medal with the pennies and it turns out to possibly be a 1607 Jamestown commemorative badge from the Jamestown Exposition of 1907.

One of the parts appears to have a ship on it, maybe 3. The top piece clearly reads "1607", it was about the only thing happening in America we know of that year. 🤣20220625_144332.thumb.jpg.ef9f587b05caad92fae31466de8f32ee.jpg

I'll probably contact someone in Jamestown and let them know I found this medal. Can't find one like it on the Internet. 20220619_201538.thumb.jpg.a8ca3bf630ccbee719d799c0956d5398.jpg

Last picture I took there before leaving the next morning. 🙂

Another great getaway, F350! That Jamestown medalion is fantastic. That's got to be super rare. Thanks for taking us along on your detectcation!

46 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Another great getaway, F350! That Jamestown medalion is fantastic. That's got to be super rare. Thanks for taking us along on your detectcation!

Thanks Cap'n. 🙂 Nothing historic on my next trip coming soon, but hope to make history 🤣 for me anyway.

Awesome hunt. The medal is cool. Hope it ID's as a commemorative Jamestown medal.

35 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Awesome hunt. The medal is cool. Hope it ID's as a commemorative Jamestown medal.

I'll get around to sending them a photo, got my fingers crossed it's a rare one.

This was over 7 days but sure added up. I love the variety of stuff at that place but there isn't much left 🙄

Great camping trip. Nice to get out like that. Cool medals.

I enjoy reading your posts with the pictures that you attach with your write up.

I am glad that you had a great hunt and had some time with your better half over the past week.

Good luck on your next hunt at the permissions.

I found it or at least something very similar. A lot of items including fancy medals were struck or cast for the Jamestown Exposition of 1907:

https://jamestownexpo1907.com/artifact-gallery/

IMG_0697-1080x810.thumb.jpg.88871fa1b6fc144c5fd1e2368ea55f98.jpg

Here's some interesting history on this Exposition:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown_Exposition

Nice work 350....those old medallions are cool...back in the day the worlds fairs were a big deal... they didn’t have Netflix 

stirck