Minelab GPZ 19 Coil

Looks like we are going to have to interrogate Fred a wee bit, maybe even torture him with irradiation from a 19" coil, with evidence coming to light looks like he`s holding out. Suspect his downunder contacts are coming good, plus KLs being a wee silent lately, plot thickens. What ya say Sherlock?

• Like 1

Geeeeez, it just occurred to me, that titanium partial-knee replacement I'm now walking/kneeling on would become a definite no-no for considering this coil.  AND you'd probably have to take to dragging your pick on a long rope behind you too, no more hiding it behind your body.  (Actually, that might be a cool practice for finding those stray meteorites in some areas.)

I'll sit this one out till you all test it out.  Besides, if I wait a year+, they'll lower the ?? price 30%, much like they did with my 'mother-ship' ZED. ?☹️

• Like 1

The pots well stirred over here in OZ, ML detector dealers are as popular as........... Bit like trying to get tickets for a grand final 1 hour before kick off. I guess says it all about the Z. 

A popular dealer over here had his Z up for sale just after purchasing, had both his knees replaced. Just couldn`t get the coil away enough.

The GPZ is not as problematic for large targets in front or behind the coil compared to conventional monoloop coils. This is mainly due to the way Super D coils receive, so essentially directly under the coil is the place you will get the best depth not so much out in front or behind. This means having a pick placed sensibly on your hip (to the rear of course) should not present major problems with the new GPZ 19 coil.

JP

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's mid July and still no news on when this is coming. C'mon Minelab please give us a date so we can plan around it ...... Nothing worse than going out for two weeks and then have it released when you are 800 km's from nowhere.

JP is probably still out there "cleaning up", or should I say "field testing" - noice.......

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

The GPZ is not as problematic for large targets in front or behind the coil compared to conventional monoloop coils. This is mainly due to the way Super D coils receive, so essentially directly under the coil is the place you will get the best depth not so much out in front or behind. This means having a pick placed sensibly on your hip (to the rear of course) should not present major problems with the new GPZ 19 coil.

JP

This is interesting JP as I have been scratching my head on ways to build a fully non metallic pick.

Some ways to do this but they all cost lots in time, effort and cash