GPZ 7000----- Should I Buy Nf 12 Coils Or?

Got it.... No SP01 here. In fact, they have been out of stock for a while now over here. Were you using it while making these videos?

no, I just had the WM12  making the videos, I was lazy and didn't want to harness up where my SP01 is attached.

I have been using the 12" NF coil on my 7000 for over two years. I have found ridiculously small gold with it and at depth as well. The weight shift alone makes it worthy, but it's performance makes it a must (in my opinion).

I am sure X-coils are good too but the expense and the wiring changes make uninteresting to me.

Also, I can't help but smile at all the discussion of tenths or hundredths of a gram flakes of gold. Not sure it really matters much whether the scale measures one or two decimal's, but again, just an opinion. I do know that the gents I learned detecting and dredging from wouldn't even bother to mention finding flakes that small much less make it the subject of endless discussions. Not being dismissive, just pointing out that times have changed.

I like reading stories about peoples finds no matter how good someone else thinks they are.  What would a forum be without people posting their finds, although I stopped posting mine some time ago as I lost the drive to do so. I commend everyone willing to take the time to post their finds and the story to go with them and I thank them for doing so regardless of how "good' their finds are.

6 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Also, I can't help but smile at all the discussion of tenths or hundredths of a gram flakes of gold. Not sure it really matters much whether the scale measures one or two decimal's, but again, just an opinion.

Have to agree with that flakmagnet. I can't believe how people can make such an issue of scales that don't measure down to 100th's of a gram & how inaccurate they are. What's the world coming to? It is like the end goal here is who can find the smallest gold. WTF. That is pretty sad.

D4G 

On 7/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, dig4gold said:

Have to agree with that flakmagnet. I can't believe how people can make such an issue of scales that don't measure down to 100th's of a gram & how inaccurate they are. What's the world coming to? It is like the end goal here is who can find the smallest gold. WTF. That is pretty sad.

D4G 

"100th's of a gram" that a very tiny $1 Aus at today gold price. Do you have to buy a magnifying glass with the scales.  😉 

On 7/5/2023 at 11:50 PM, dig4gold said:

It is like the end goal here is who can find the smallest gold. WTF.

When I started out dredging in the late 1970s my mentor used to weigh some the gold he found
on meat scales. I guess I was spoiled.

2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

When I started out dredging in the late 1970s my mentor used to weigh some the gold he found
on meat scales. I guess I was spoiled.

The good ole days...   I wish I dredged just once.

On 7/8/2023 at 5:40 PM, Swegin said:

I wish I dredged just once.

Swegin, you would have loved it.