I'm having a hard time transitioning to old man status. I am an experienced detectorist but I can't seem to decide on the Legend or Xterra pro. I can afford either but don't want both. Maybe my brain is slipping or something. I can run the Legend in single frequency if needed. I don't go near beach or salt water. The Manticore is nice but I don't need all that bling. Just need a light machine. Hate to ask this seemingly stupid noob question but I would like some simple input. Don't need any complicated answers. 

Thanks 

John DeMarco

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I'm having a hard time transitioning to old man status. I am an experienced detectorist but I can't seem to decide on the Legend or Xterra pro. I can afford either but don't want both. Maybe my brain is slipping or something. I can run the Legend in single frequency if needed. I don't go near beach or salt water. The Manticore is nice but I don't need all that bling. Just need a light machine. Hate to ask this seemingly stupid noob question but I would like some simple input. Don't need any complicated answers. 

Thanks 

John DeMarco

Here's an uncomplicated answer:

Deus 2. 🙂 Lightest machine there is.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Nice but too complicated for me right now.

I won't argue further but to say that the Legend has just at much "bling" as any of the Equinoxes, and as much if not more than the M-core or the Deus. Same learning curve. I'm 63 and appreciate the swing all day thing 😀

Plenty of posted settings around for all, lots of help here. I know some stodgy characters that switched to the D2 lately just because it weighs so little, lighter than an Apex with the 9". I'm not talking about the WS6 Master, but that is even lighter.

Absolute killer relic machine and coin shooter. Kinda a "Go big or go home" deal IMO. 🤔

Looks like the XTerra Pro is doing well, if single frequency is your thing that might suffice. 🙂 Good luck to you.

• Like 1

As long as you get the newer, lighter version of the Legend with version 1.11 software already installed, the lighter shaft system and the elliptical LG30 coil, you should be all set.

The X-Terra Pro may work better for some people on some saltwater beaches and for diving. Fine.

The Legend is about as versatile as you can get as far as a do it all really well, fully waterproof, wireless audio, internal battery, extremely fully featured, selectable single frequency 4 to 40 kHz or excellent simultaneous multi frequency VLF.

The original Legend with the 11” round LG28 coil and aluminum upper shaft is on the heavy side of lightweight.

I have not had a chance to run my Legends in all of the possible iterations of their settings. I set mine up for my type of coin and jewelry hunting, my type or relic and older coin hunting at iron trashed sites and for gold prospecting in high iron mineralization. Sure, it took a bit of time to learn the interface but for the money, there is just nothing comparable for what you get. You can make the Legend as simple or complicated as you want and you can hunt with it just about anywhere.  At least you have those choices. Same with Deus 2, Manticore and all of the Equinox models but at a higher to much higher price.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I won't argue further but to say that the Legend has just at much "bling" as any of the Equinoxes, and as much if not more than the M-core or the Deus. Same learning curve. I'm 63 and appreciate the swing all day thing 😀

Plenty of posted settings around for all, lots of help here. I know some stodgy characters that switched to the D2 lately just because it weighs so little, lighter than an Apex with the 9". I'm not talking about the WS6 Master, but that is even lighter.

Absolute killer relic machine and coin shooter. Kinda a "Go big or go home" deal IMO. 🤔

Looks like the XTerra Pro is doing well, if single frequency is your thing that might suffice. 🙂 Good luck to you.

No argument here. I'm going to look again at the Deus II with just the control and 9" coil. 1199.00

Actually 1099.00 free shipping no tax!

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 11:43 AM, Johnnysalami1957 said:

No argument here. I'm going to look again at the Deus II with just the control and 9" coil. 1199.00

Actually 1099.00 free shipping no tax!

Are you planning on wired phones?  You are going to need the adapter then, because the headphone connector on the remote is a non-standard waterproof connector.  Otherwise, the speaker is not all that loud on the Deus 2.  Consider getting one of the "dumb" wireless phones (WSA II Puck/Backphones which you can adapt as remote receiver for wireless phones or the more expensive WSA II XL which are over the ear phones but $50 more expensive) either of which are a lot cheaper than the WSA 6 Phones that come in the more expensive kit.  

Deus 2 can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be.  You can do just fine using the General Program as is out of the box or delve into the various other modes and settings as you get more confidence.

The key for me is that at 62 its something I can swing for hours vs. even the relatively light Legend and new lightweight ML's (Xterra Pro (aluminum) and Nox 700/900 and Manticore which are Carbon Fiber) are not as light with their stock coils.

FWIW

• Like 3

John, if you're thinking lighter machine  you could throw the original Deus in the mix. 
 The Legend is a good machine. I got one right after they came out and have found plenty of good stuff with it. I did very little tweaking and now just turn it on and go. I think at some point the LG24 will show up on mine. When it becomes necessary.😁
I've never used the X-rerra pro just watched a few utube videos so no help there. Sorry.
 Good luck with what ever you decide! Tom

• Like 1

My view (and I own a Legend) is:

• Pure price point - XTerra Pro
  • Max utility - Legend

Curious times we live in. So much decteting tech competing in different/shallow price points.

• Like 2