Beautiful cob, silver thimble, green glass button.....what more can a man ask for? 😊. Nice early buckle too.

Great hunt again for your books, and I wish you more luck this year.

Great finds and nice history.

8 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Nice cob.

Thanks George,

I've seen you post a few, any guess as to its age? 

6 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful cob, silver thimble, green glass button.....what more can a man ask for? 😊. Nice early buckle too.

Thanks!

Wish the thimble was whole and solid silver. When you turn the pieces over you see the brass.

Quite a few of these items were found in places that were hunted before, or just so trashy it wasn't worth looking. Got the Deus tuned to separate. I was happy to see it was possible.

Others were random finds just walking.

I'm still trying to think of what the head might have been on, it reflects period hairstyle (wigs), and appears to be winking. 🤔

6 hours ago, abenson said:

Wow really like that cob.

Thanks, first tiny one for me, I've got a few of the King Charles halves but this is my second cob.

I really did think it was junk for a hot second. 😳 Hit it with my spray bottle and put it in the good stuff box. Had to buy dinner on the way home for my wife 😀

I do that now with every button and coin unless I know the coin is modern. The spray bottle really knocks the dirt off safely. Gotta get in the habit of doing them all that way.

I've found gold rings, but gold coins still elude me. At least I know I will find them having found other gold, so it's something to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt again for your books, and I wish you more luck this year.

Great finds and nice history.

Thanks VL,

A13usaonutL._CLa_21402000_91ieDDqmMpL.png_00214020000_00.02140.02000.0_AC_UY1100_.thumb.jpeg.91c484edf964aae93528fd6e543773c9.jpeg

Got the shirt. 🤣

Wow, F350, that Spanish cob is to die for! Congrats and well done my friend! 😎

Fantastic hunt.   Sounds like the site conditions were in you all’s favor but don’t discount you both knowing your machine and how to really use it.  Knowing your mud and how to daub it!