First Gold Nugget Finds With The AlgoForce E1500

On 2/7/2024 at 2:13 PM, Aureous said:

The lack of tracking is what killed the QED to a large degree. From what Ive heard, the E1500 is far less dependent on accurate GB and somewhat self-tolerates moderate ground changes. Id need to handle one myself to see how factual that is though...

Its tracking is like Fixed in a lot of MLs Pis, which was the preferred way to run them for a lot of us, auto tracking is good but can result in faint deep lunkers being missed. For convenience if the E1500 had a better located dedicated button to GB as per those MLs be the go for me.

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

Its tracking is like Fixed in a lot of MLs Pis, which was the preferred way to run them for a lot of us, auto tracking is good but can result in faint deep lunkers being missed. For convenience if the E1500 had a better located dedicated button to GB as per those MLs be the go for me.

Yes a button like the MLs would be nice. 

When I'm using the E1500 and need to ground balance I sometimes find myself feeling for the button on the back of the handle, just a habit that I'm used to doing. LOL 

I always liked the Trigger on the Teknetics T2, pull towards the handle for ground balance, push forward for pinpoint, it would actually suit the Algoforce very well seeing it has those features.

T2Trigger.thumb.jpg.187ef08fa8db19626fc1e118ce4317de.jpg

It could probably fit one too

triggerspot.jpg.55b38e149138747e382f565b4fd4f374.jpg

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I always liked the Trigger on the Teknetics T2, pull towards the handle for ground balance, push forward for pinpoint, it would actually suit the Algoforce very well seeing it has those features.

T2Trigger.thumb.jpg.187ef08fa8db19626fc1e118ce4317de.jpg

It could probably fit one too

triggerspot.jpg.55b38e149138747e382f565b4fd4f374.jpg

Something like that might be better still.

4 hours ago, Norvic said:

I never used ground tracking until Minelab forced me to use it by giving me detectors with no option to turn it off. The rationale for doing so was less about it being the best methodology, than it was about the average detectorist not being up to the task of keeping their detector properly ground balanced. I am not saying there are not times when ground tracking is the best option. But I certainly also think there are times when tracking is not only not required, but is a less desirable option than fixed. A detector should offer both options, not force you to choose. But if forced to choose, I prefer not to use ground tracking if chasing tiny bits and as this seems to be the main focus of the E1500 it is a logical choice.

Exactly Steve, I suspect that is why a lot complained of losing small pieces in the dig with the 6K, you swing it over a weak signal enough times the autoGB will take it out. Fixed option as per the Axiom and the E1500 is the go for most of us. Of course the Axiom gives you further speed options for autoGB which is the bees knees.

This is one reason why I often run the GPZ in manual, altough its semi auto is rather good. 6k is guessing game and this is why I GB very often proactively. I have no idea how fast it drifts. Would be nice to have a drift display like the fourfold less expensive Algo.

GC

Yeah GC, is so for all AutoGB detectors, I used the Z mainly in fixed, the early VLFs AutoGB before the first PIs were bad for it 1600/1700, fortunately they had the fixed option too. Obviously the E1500 designers did not see the need for AutoGB or were legally not allowed to use the better GB tech of late, which along with the rest of the E1500 tells me they were not just tech savvy but also were or listened to very savvy user/users. Its features are about gold even the ID which by working in pinpoint mode seems it may be useful for those who hunt in trashy ground. Just a few early observations to whet appetites. 

8 hours ago, Norvic said:

Exactly Steve, I suspect that is why a lot complained of losing small pieces in the dig with the 6K, you swing it over a weak signal enough times the autoGB will take it out. Fixed option as per the Axiom and the E1500 is the go for most of us. Of course the Axiom gives you further speed options for autoGB which is the bees knees.

What's worse is watching comparisons videos and they are doing narrow repeated sweeps over the target. Or digging ground noises and not once moving the coil away, pumping it, and then re-checking the area. 

• The title was changed to First Gold Nugget Finds With The AlgoForce E1500