What Coil Size Do You Most Want For The GPZ 7000?

I will be very happy with a12"x7", because is the one that I use most with the 5000, I like elliptical coils they fit better under bushes and between rocks.

Great to see that Minelab will listen to their customers.

For me a small elliptical would be a great compliment to the standard 14" coil.

A lot of my gold has been found lurking under bushes and I would like this to continue!

Hi Steve, guys.

I would like minelab to make 11in, 20in and 25in round coils for the Zed.

I really want a big coil badly as I have a good number of deep areas where I have found big gold over the 200g and would like to use the Zed with its extra deep mode and a large coil over these area's.

And I would like the 11in round for shallow tight rocky gully work.

I like the 14in coil that comes standard on the Zed, I think it was a good choice made by minelab to put this size coil on the Zed as standard as you would be hard pressed to find a more versatile coil size!

Me as a full-time operator I would never really need a smaller coil than the 14 on the Zed as the 14 is already so sensitive to small gold that I will only use a smaller coil if the terrain call's for it, like in a tight rocky gully.

To keep both sides of the ledger happy I'd like to see something like a 12x7 elliptical for nooks + crannies & a 19" (19x18) for the deep hunters initially.

If the market is there for them then a couple of others down the track (again to keep balance for the hobbyists & deep hunting pros):

9" round (9x8)

24x23

p.s if Minelab are reading this an elliptical 12x7 or 14x7 would be grand for the SDC too (or are we asking too much there?)

The more I use it the more impressed I am with the 14" x 13" coil and its across the board performance. Minelab did a good job in that regard. It does however make some real complex warbly sounds on small nuggets up close. I am having a tough time pinpointing those little ones and digging holes far too big for the nugget size but I will figure it out eventually. Basically I just need to pay attention and try harder! But another reason a smaller coil would help me chasing dinks - easier pinpointing.

Lots of good suggestions here. Kind of belabors the obvious that both a larger and a smaller coil are desired. It will be interesting to see what sizes are eventually brought to market. These coils are incredibly complex though so I guess I had better be patient.

Minelab is reading this. Us clients,need to have them on the red phone hotline. We need accessories that work well for us. That work for our bottom line as well as theirs. What works in the bush of Australia might not work so well in the mountains of Northern California. We need well designed product's for us.

To keep both sides of the ledger happy I'd like to see something like a 12x7 elliptical for nooks + crannies & a 19" (19x18) for the deep hunters initially.

If the market is there for them then a couple of others down the track (again to keep balance for the hobbyists & deep hunting pros):

9" round (9x8)

24x23

p.s if Minelab are reading this an elliptical 12x7 or 14x7 would be grand for the SDC too (or are we asking too much there?)

It would be interesting to see what an SDC 2300 could do with a bigger coil. I can't see Minelab providing it though, since the detector is hardwired to its coil. It would need a DIY hack on a spare/old unit to see if it works.