Endings And New Beginnings

A quote from a Minelab Manager:

"Also, a very good forum for information is Detector Prospector. Steve Herschbach, an ex-Minelab dealer, runs this.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/forum/4-detector-prospector-forum/

He is highly respected in the industry and works closely with Minelab on the development of our detectors. He is also quite unbiased and will freely offer his advice regarding the best detectors for particular applications."

Steve, before I joined your forum, I had contacted Minelab directly and my questions were answered very quickly. As you can see from the quote above, I was suggested to join your forum for very honest no non-sense advice. Being a novice in this hobby, I have learned greatly from your posts and from many other contributors. Your descriptions of the capabilities of the Equinox convinced me to pre-order. 

I echo others in hoping you will continue to offer your help to those who ask. Thank you so much for all you do.

Tyran 

• Thanks 1

I will say, in the past 20+ years I have never ordered a new release machine prior to its availability. Never, but this time I did. I am so convienced the EQ will be a success I even ordered and paid in full weeks ago. Life is short, enjoy what you like doing every chance you get.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My thanks to you as well Steve.  Been following ya for years and will continue to do so though I'm still a little regretful never getting upto Gains Creek all those years ago.  I'd like to add a big THANKS to Minelab as well for allowing you to distribute what information you have to us on the release of this and other very advanced detectors.  From what it sounds like your going Pro with R&D so hopefully that will pan for you and your developers to kick some tid bits our way as you go into the future.

Good On Ya Mate:biggrin:

DD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I still have more stuff I am sitting on to post about over the next couple weeks as the Equinox finds its way around the planet to everyone.

Really looking forward to the next installment of findings from you.

Thank you very much Steve for all! This is my first post in the forum. I was reading all posts here the last few months. I hope you continue posting so we can keep reading your great comments and advices. Good luck to you from Bulgaria!

• Thanks 1

I absolutely enjoy reading Steve's well thought out posts, and the no-nonsense culture of this forum.  It's a breath of fresh air coming from some of the other forums where the EQ implosion is completely out of control.  Not only that, but Steve has a great way of communicating his knowledge, thus creating an almost classroom like environment in which the teacher/master and students have an open and respectful venue in which to learn from each other, and share ideas and lessons learned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was going to be content with letting others say what I think but it's especially important that worthy endeavors, vital information sharing and - these days more than ever - good manners and message discipline, be celebrated. So thank you for your efforts on our behalf. There is no doubt we are all better for it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve, I don't blame ya a bit. From the looks of it, a popular forum such as this could easily become a full-time job. Like you I think I would take the "part-time" approach and just go enjoy detecting, family, and friends.  As they say, we aren't getting any younger. Some of my most enjoyable times are when I load up a few detectors, my two mutts and head for a remote ghost town. Halfway there the cell reception drops, we see an abundance of wildlife and scenery. The dogs love the wide open areas to play and I get to detect with a chance to find something neat. Even if I do get skunked the day was still a winner.  Good luck in your new direction and Happy Hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't say anything else or add any more to what has been said except to say a HUGE THANKS to you Steve for all you have done and will continue to do for us all here on your forum!

Beav 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1