Sign in to follow this  
AUddicted

What To Sell A GPZ 7000 For?

Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 

Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 

Thanks much.

Go to eBay, do a search for GPZ 7000 metal detector, click "used" and "sold listings" on left, see what they sold for. Works for any halfway popular items. My standard operating procedure when selling used.

Purchase date, remaining warranty is a critical factor. A thorough cleaning and lots of great photos do wonders. I am amazed at how many people think I want to buy their filthy detector shown in out of focus photos.

• Like 2

Bill Southern has a used gpz with two years warranty for sale for 6200 bucks.... around 6000$ is what I have seen some used units advertised at...

good luck

fred

• Like 2

There was a used 7000 advertised for sale on all the forums a couple weeks ago for asking price of $5500.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LowTide
      In light of the recent release of the Minelab Equinox, and expected release of competitive products I've noticed various posts across the Internet of tests/reviews/comparisons of detectors on fresh and saltwater beaches with "Black Sand".  But there is only a 50/50 chance that the beach "Black Sand" you are looking at is iron bearing "Black Sand".  The other possibility is that it is plant matter that has decayed and been ground into fine powder by wind and wave action.  Those in areas where Bog Iron is produced or those Southern Red Clays have to deal with sands that are iron bearing but not necessarily Black in color.  Some of the hottest sands I've ever seen were Purple in color.  To know whether the "Black Sand" is the bad kind(iron bearing) you need to test it, a simple magnet can help or a detector with a ground type meter.   Unless a tester/reviewer has verified the black beach sand as iron bearing I would be skeptical of the results.
    • By nuggetnewbie
      Well,
      Just joined this wonderful forum. I was trying to decide on my first Detector and found a Deal I couldn't pass on MetalDetector.com. Took the plunge on a Fisher F70 bonus pack with 11" & 5" coils, Headset, carry bag and some other stuff. $475. I thought that was a good deal. Wasn't planning on spending that much on my first one so i hope it works good enough to find some nice small nuggets! We have a camping trip planned in Sept. in the Sierra Nevada's so I can't wait! Probably do some testing at or near home before the trip just to get a feel for it. Any tips on settings for around / in Streams? Here's a newbie question for you, if the coils are supposed to be waterproof, does that mean i can submerse them in shallow waters to detect? I'm hoping i can along the shores. REALLY itching for my Detector to get here now! Good Hunting! 😎
    • By KOOPDOG50
      Hey there peops, i have a Nokta Fors CoRe with  13x11web coil ,9x5web coil and a 4x4 coil, and i also have a pinpointer.
      I haven't found any gold with this machine,, but on a test nugget it does register/ give a signal.
      My question i ask is , can i fit other coils to the machine that will be better for finding small nuggets ??
    • By KOOPDOG50
      Hi , everyone ,, koopdog here, thanks for the add.
      I prospect for gold mostly and have found around 40 grammes, both by using a sluice in my creek and with a detector.
      I am currently using a Minelab SDC2300, and also own a Nokta Fors CoRe .
      I aim to learn tips and hints from more experienced hunters.
         Cheers .

• By CliveHamy
      I would like to understand how Depth Detection works with the Nox (I assume same for other detectors) and discover tips for improving depth detection. I've only been detecting for 1 year, using a Garrett ACE 150 with a dig-it-all attitude essential for beginners. I've now moved to the awesome Nox 800 and want to be more discriminatory in my digging. The Ace depth detector always gave a reliable indication of depth, each spade accurate to 2". I'm not so sure about the NOX, it may be that because it is detecting at such great depth (I'm finding down to at least 15")  that more items seem to be >8" or maybe this is a weakness? Anyway it is a brilliant machine, by far the best choice for someone like me moving from beginner. 
      So a) what is the physics behind depth detection?. (timelag measurement?, phase change?)
      b) what tips for deducing depth? (I've picked up on the triple tone for items very close to the surface, is when the nox shows 5 spades and the item is 6"down I find annoying)
    • By CliveHamy
      Hi, I'm looking for tips about how to tackle high trash areas specifically when you get multiple varying signals in an area. Often I'm detecting in Orchards or pastures right next to farms that would have seen activity going back hundreds, maybe a thousand years. Or my back garden an ex-orchard in a rural village which over the years has been cultivated, had bonfires, lots of activity. In these areas I get many different signals all within a few inches of each other. Generally using P2 or F2, (I like 50 tones) and I prefer not to change any other settings, I dig out any stable solid figures/tones from say 7 onwards if they have no low tones/numbers when I test with All-metal mode. Having done that the remaining signals often are a mix of good signals, some good bouncing around, and negative signals. I'm trying to detect the "shape" of the signals, aiming to identify good positive signals that should be dug, but not sure about the rest. If I see a good solid signal say in the teens say with a -negative number when tested in all metal, should I dig in the hope of say a coin sitting over/next to ferrous, or should I leave alone? Often in the past, I've had a dig it all mentality to gain experience, but frankly in these areas that is not practical as I may just as dig randomly and see what's there with a pinpointer and not use a detector at all!