It Was Only A Matter Of Time

7 hours ago, cjc said:

ya, the back 1/3rd of this machine is really faint needs that slow slow to hear the deepest ones but they are really way down--object of the game.

Curious as to if this is a reference to ATS setting where slower sweep is needed for deep or is back 1/3rd related to audio as in it would be nice to have non-linear faint audio boost like the Fisher CZ's have, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Not all beach hunting involves wading in running salt water.

I can’t begin to count how many times I have not been able to get in the water because of the surf. This is the time I crank up the sensitivity and hunt the wet sand real slow. Lots of great results. I can’t imagine what the AQ might produce in that situation with its power. 

7 hours ago, cjc said:

That;'s great advice, Tony.  Took me a while to learn that with the TDI thinking it had to be run way down to get it's power.  Not true.  Great to see that you are still at it.   Kind Regards clive

Hello Clive.....yep still at it more than ever. Discovered a way where my wife never complains when I buy a new detector.........cashed in all my gold and bought her a new fancy Subaru. Now she asks when I’m going detecting again....😂

I will always have a PI but used very site specific......I used to play golf a lot and the powerful PI is like the #1 Driver......easy to get into trouble and out of bounds. The VLF is like a 3 Wood....good power and accuracy but easy to stay on the fairway.

Enjoy the rest of your summer 👍

Tony

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tony said:

Hello Clive.....yep still at it more than ever. Discovered a way where my wife never complains when I buy a new detector.........cashed in all my gold and bought her a new fancy Subaru. Now she asks when I’m going detecting again....😂

I will always have a PI but used very site specific......I used to play golf a lot and the powerful PI is like the #1 Driver......easy to get into trouble and out of bounds. The VLF is like a 3 Wood....good power and accuracy but easy to stay on the fairway.

Enjoy the rest of your summer 👍

Tony

Tony,

Taking the analogy one step further, they say only God can hit a 1 iron.  Which detector would you consider a 1 Iron? LOL

Joe

• Haha 1

Looks like some fanny’s got hurt.  The funny thing is that I wasn’t born here so my reading comprehension and writing skills should be lower than others.  Let me explain it a little simpler.

wet sand = noisy

damp sand = noisy

moving water = noisy but I don’t have to hunt this area so I’ll survive

I did another hunt like I said I would and the detector performed better but only in the wet and damp sand. The settings I ran were.

delay at 10

sensitivity at 4

ATS at 8

I used all metal and tones and the falsing was a lot less. I won’t hunt the moving water because it’s imposible but I can live with that.  I just wished the other settings worked out off the water like they are supposed to, oh well.

Steve, congrats on your AQ working in fresh water 👍

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

I used all metal and tones and the falsing was a lot less. I won’t hunt the moving water because it’s imposible but I can live with that.  I just wished the other settings worked out off the water like they are supposed to, oh well.

Thank you for the report.

Are you in the Florida panhandle? I am wondering if this is the second detector Deborah was talking about acting like hers?

Oh ... and your posts are great. I am glad I'm not posting in a different language, that would be very ugly!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tvr said:

Thank you for the report.

Are you in the Florida panhandle? I am wondering if this is the second detector Deborah was talking about acting like hers?

Oh ... and your posts are great. I am glad I'm not posting in a different language!

I’m located in Southern California. I was the one who had problems with the sensitivity potentiometer and FT took care of it nicely. FT said it was a bad potentiometer from the supplier.  I hope the problem I’m experiencing now is another bad part from a supplier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Seeker said:

I’m located in Southern California. I was the one who had problems with the sensitivity potentiometer and FT took care of it nicely. FT said it was a bad potentiometer from the supplier.  I hope the problem I’m experiencing now is another bad part from a supplier.

If you are still not happy with the responses of the AQ after the repair of the potentiometer, you should report again about it to FTP (through Rick)