New Finds With The Nugget Finder Z Search Searchcoil

4 hours ago, madtuna said:

Minelab said if you want them you have to build coils to these certain parameters or specifications.

From following all the commentary over the time, this was my understanding. Build them to a certain spec or don’t get the chip.  

I no longer have a GPZ but if I did I don’t think I would rush out and by a Z search.  Not until I found ground or conditions that really warranted it.  

Love the fact that the Z search is plug and play - simply couldn’t have risked an adapter.  Each to their own though  😉

Well done to Rohan for meeting the specs and providing another option for people. Look forward to further smaller and larger coils in the line-up.  

More pics/vids of the Z search in action would be great Rob  👍

• Like 5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All,    Had a great time testing the new Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil today on a wash I haven't hunted in some time.  This small coil for the GPZ 7000 is much lighter, more sensitive

Rob, you might have missed all the lengthy discussions on this topic on this forum when X Coils first came out. But X Coils did want to make plug in Minelab approved coils (and I think they still do),

Hey Dave and Phrunt,   I appreciate your comments.  However, my business ethics over the years don't have to be explained, I think all my customers would say I have been upfront, honest and gave

Posted Images

Hey Guys,

I understand all the ins/outs of the patch leads and coil.  I guess the moment you ask a general question, the assumption is you don't know anything.  I have been using and selling these products for over 25 years, so I would consider myself an expert on what I use and sell.  

I know this all started when someone thought I was trying to talk down about X-coils and that wasn't the focus, but more we finally have a searchoil available for the GPZ that just plugs in that is not a Minelab coil.  This is what I have hoped for over 3 years now.  I heard rumors of Coiltek, NF and other companies experimenting and trying to get something off the ground, but it never materialized.  

Many don't want to tinker, modify or chance any risk of damage or voiding a warranty.  This is only fair to tell anyone and then let them decide what they want to do.  

The new NF Z Search coil in my opinion is a winner.  The demand is super high, but unfortunately here in the US we need a huge shipment to fill  backorders (hurry up Rohan!).  

I think we will potentially see this issue going forward about aftermarket coils.  Sure looks like the new Minelab GPX 6000 will not allow the use of any previous GPX Searchcoil, Minelab or aftermarket, but time will only tell.  

Rob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to inform you rob but in my opinion the z search is not a winner, I have just put mine up for sale, it doesn’t even compare with x coil performance, I took the z search out to a patch which I had previously worked with the minelab coil and couldn’t pick up anything not to mention the emi was really bad on it, the next day I went back with my 10 inch x coil and picked up nearly a gram of flyshit gold on the exact ground. 

• Like 2

Should also note the only advantage I found Over the stock coil was the weight but I would rather put up with the extra weight than fork out $1290 for pretty much the exact same thing 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

Sorry to inform you rob but in my opinion the z search is not a winner, I have just put mine up for sale, it doesn’t even compare with x coil performance, I took the z search out to a patch which I had previously worked with the minelab coil and couldn’t pick up anything not to mention the emi was really bad on it, the next day I went back with my 10 inch x coil and picked up nearly a gram of flyshit gold on the exact ground. 

Interesting 🤔, your experiences are completely at odds with my own and many others.😉 Thanks for your feedback MC30, it’s the first negative I’ve seen so far but not surprising, there is never a perfect detector/coil combination in all ground types, I’ve seen many disgruntled GPZ users sell up and revert back to GPX 5000’s yet we all know what a GPZ in the right hands can really do.😇😅

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

Talk to Gold Catcher, he's busting to buy one.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Interesting 🤔, your experiences are completely at odds with my own and many others.😉 Thanks for your feedback MC30, it’s the first negative I’ve seen so far but not surprising, there is never a perfect detector/coil combination in all ground types, I’ve seen many disgruntled GPZ users sell up and revert back to GPX 5000’s yet we all know what a GPZ in the right hands can really do.😇😅

If the z search coil is so good why would I sell it??? The truth is x coils have worked wonders for me, thought I would give the z search a go and in my opinion it falls short, note also all the gold found in that picture was ground that had been worked with both the minelab 14 and 19 inch coils 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

Oh well anyone interested in buying a z search coil pick up in vic $1150 

I think there will be a lot of interested persons in your coil, we’ve been getting dozens of enquiries every week since New Years.

• Like 1