First Real Legend Farm Hunt A Noob Report....

Not unusual. A very early lesson to learn. Go back and find some crap. Maybe she would not be so interested. You spent money for your equipment, gas to get there and some snacks. Whatever you decide I can respect what you did. Keep that Reale in your pocket. Good luck.145780122_1355646488128876_7409138490225988303_n.jpg.75624b70c554138bc3131fdda599dfd6.jpg

• Like 5

It takes all kind of people to make this world 🌎 but some we could do without.

I’ve returned items that different ones have lost and some will say thank you so much. Then others wouldn’t give you the time of day.

You remember that you done the right thing by returning whatever it is.

Happen this morning. I’d been to the store and was getting things out of my car. When here comes two little dogs acting like they wanted to  take me on but seen how big I was turned tail and ran . I knew they had to belong to the new people that just moved in. So I went to let them know their two pot lickers was out. The lady did thank me but on the way back here was a dollar bill laying in the grass. So you see it does pay to do nice things for people.

Chuck 

• Like 3

She can't take away the memories.  You have a good attitude and that will reward (with keepers) in the long run.

• Like 5

Some land owner insist on keeping everything you find. I usually don't go back to those places. Others may keep a few of your finds or none at all and are very respectful of your time spent looking. For those people I usually surprise them with a display case full of finds they can display in there home. In either case it's their property and you have to respect their decision.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, abenson said:

I usually surprise them with a display case full of finds they can display in there home. In either case it's their property and you have to respect their decision.

Exactly what I do. 🙂 I've been lucky so far, no one cares what I find, and they kinda tear up when I give them a case (a 5x3 does the trick) of stuff like costume jewelry, any rings my wife doesn't want (important 😁), and old dog tags. It gets emotional in a good way.

• Like 4

Invite her to dig with you a bit...

I still think about the day the land owner put these in his pocket after I showed them to him...I was new to detecting at the time...I even made a a display case full of other stuff that I found for him...he did not care much about the display case but the gold gilt and the gold plated ring sure caught his eye...It's just stuff after all. 

strick 

20160305_084004.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, strick said:

Invite her to dig with you a bit...

I still think about the day the land owner put these in his pocket after I showed them to him...I was new to detecting at the time...I even made a a display case full of other stuff that I found for him...he did not care much about the display case but the gold gilt and the gold plated ring sure caught his eye...It's just stuff after all. 

strick 

20160305_084004.jpeg

Yikes. I think if a landowner told me I could dig but they wanted everything I would thank them nicely and leave nicely. 😵

I'm more than happy to give ya something but hey, I'm doing the work. 😀 My only total freebie would be returning something known lost.

I'm sure you found stuff as good as that other places anyway. I would certainly turn over all the concertina reeds and ox knobs, and harmonica parts  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, Dirtshark said:

You old timers may not be impressed but I was over the moon. My first real relic.

Hey Dirtshark,

There are a lot of old timers here, I'm old but just started detecting myself about a year and a half ago after a roof job on my house. Never thought I'd become a heavy metal fan. 🙄 Actually that's a lie, been playing it all my life 😀

I see you haven't done a meet and greet, let us know a bit about yourself, what sort of metal detecting you like to do. You're already off to a good start posting pics of finds, and writing a good story. Sorry to prattle about stuff on your thread.

Whether you know it or not you have stumbled upon the best metal detecting forum there is. If you need any help there are lots here who will work with ya. 

Welcome to the forum, and happy hunting. 🙂

• Like 1

Hey Platinum!

Thanks I will check in on the meet and greet forums. 

I am not a huge Heavy Metal fan but I LOVE Iron Maiden. Seen them twice and will see them this October. 

Thanks for the warm welcome. The best part about this hobby really is the people I have met. They love history and sharing stories and helping. 

Coils to the soil mate!

• Like 2