10 Minutes And 6 Digs In...10k

With the kids away at school once again, I had the itch to go out. I went to the ball diamond where I have found a silver ring and a class ring. My Garrett carrot was sounding off when I turned it in, so I decided to go back home and get my backup. (Turns out the battery was toast even though I just changed it the last time I was out.) I had sensitivity turned down to about 15 and was running in Park 1 using 50 tones. Recovery speed was at 7 and the horseshoe was engaged. After 5 digs, I got a very consistent 15. It sounded different from the countless other 15's I have dug that were pulltabs. Perhaps fuller in sound would be a way to explain it. Anyway, about 2 inches down was my ticket for the excuse train to be done sweating for the night. I left 10 minutes after starting knowing that this was going to be hard to top before dark. The side stones are diamonds according to my tester. The middle stones have a more purple hue to them when light is passed through. Any ideas on the stones would be appreciated. It looks like it would be  very heavy ring, but the portion that holds the stones is hollowed out quite well. I invited my brother-in-law, but he was busy. I made sure to send a few picks so he will want to go out next time. 

IMG_20190825_194242.jpg

IMG_20190825_200355.jpg

IMG_20190825_195000.jpg

IMG_20190825_200714.jpg

6-1 is great ratio! I can't ever recall digging a 15 that was other than a tab or bottle cap. Very nice!

3 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

The side stones are diamonds according to my tester. The middle stones have a more purple hue to them when light is passed through.

It looks like amethyst is what you have, it is also my birth stone and have seen it hundreds of times.

I almost purchased a ring very similar to it back in the 70's.

Great find

Valen

Great ring and reward for digging all of those 11 to 17 pull tab variants that are so easy to pass over after digging hundreds. Even though some people say the Equinox tones are not "nuanced" enough, those of us that have hundreds or more hours on the Nox know differently. 

Square cut ameythst is a possibility, so is garnet AND ruby. Rubies and garnets can have deep purple tints too.

Jeff

Thats a nice 15 for sure...I've dug lots of bottle caps that were a 15...Nice old ring you got there. 

strick

What they said ... well done.

Mitchel