Friday 13th Nugget At Rye Patch

mn90403

I began this Rye Patch trip on Thursday morning about 2 AM.  It was time to go meet Dig It and see how he was doing there.  This time it was a normal trip without the burning satellite re-entry I saw on one trip before.  I was treated with a full moon on my way up 395, 6, 95 and I80.

We met up without a problem and I headed out to places where I wanted to look and some places where I had found nuggets in the past.  I'd say at least half of my trips to Rye Patch get me on a nugget and the other half don't.  This is my first trip up here since Australia so I'm wondering what I gained from all that swinging.  Anyway, it was good to meet up with Ken, have a chat about his escapades and try to help him understand what little I know about Rye Patch.

We parted and I expected to see him again the next day.  I have a bit of an open schedule and he warned me that it was going to be warmer than we planned.  I went on to near the burn barrel and spent one of those glorious nights of sleep I get after doing an all nighter.  I had no sleep the previous night and I can stretch out in the 4Runner and enjoy a night of no city or neighbor noise!  Planes are constantly landing at LAX and if they are from Asia they fly over Santa Monica.  No planes at Rye Patch.  haha

I went to bed at dark, watching the sunset out the front and watching the moon rise in the back!  I captured the sunrise the next morning.

IMG_20190913_061404.thumb.jpg.58395533b3a769b23b75e957791c451e.jpg

Rye Patch is full.  I've been here many times when all of that area was dry.  It was a nice, clear, cool morning.  Time to get going.

I headed in a direction to take advantage of the morning.

IMG_20190913_072924.thumb.jpg.14d793eae49529a5cf684a58cb9a5ab1.jpg

Before I got to my spot I had my first target of the day.

IMG_20190913_073003.thumb.jpg.c41870991ae0d16b3375f49d7001a8d6.jpg

I dug around and in the early light with my sunglasses on and dirt on the target I thought it was lead.  There's lots of trash in the area as I found out later.  I looked and looked and finally gave it a mouth wash and I saw the color!  Yeeee haaaa ... a nice nugget.

IMG_20190913_073029.thumb.jpg.9bdc5a10e3bf513524b1d1549e9d6885.jpg

I've cleaned it up by soaking it in vinegar.  I don't know the weight yet.  I'll edit this post when I find out.  I think it is my best Rye Patch nugget. 

IMG_20190914_213342.thumb.jpg.b5a45b7f2b795555b916dd901914ae8a.jpg

Lucky Friday the 13th full moon nugget.  I gridded that area for half the day and only found trash.  I don't think I would have that nugget now if it had been in the reverse order.  I found the clue early and gridded.  If I would have found trash, trash, trash without a clue I probably would have moved on.  I discovered a couple of things while looking for more in that area but they will be put into another post.

It is my only nugget of the 3 days so far but I'm seeing some new to me patches.  More travel tomorrow while the temperature is up.

Mitchel

Nice job Mitchel, too hot for me !!!

Thanks everyone for your likes.  You know who you are.  😊

Ok, I got blown off of Rye Patch today about noon to one sort of thing.  This was after finding another little one of .26g before the wind started.  I had a chance to weigh the first one and it is 2.37g.  It's late because a semi truck went over the side of the road north of Hawthorne/Walker Lake and we had to sit and wait for 3 hours!

More on that and other parts of the trip when I return.