GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

49 minutes ago, Lunk said:

I use an aftermarket discriminator when prospecting with my GPZ 7000. It is 100% accurate at identifying iron, doesn’t require batteries, and it will even remove the iron from my digs for me...it's a neodymium super magnet!

If they can make the magnet strong enough to suck the iron out of the ground without digging I think everyone will be sold on that solution! 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a good magnet can really help in some discriminating. I have a bigger problem with lead than I do with iron. 

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

Me too flakmagnet. Bloody lead 🤬

JW 🤠

I made a point of taking all my lead home from all trips when I weight some of the lead that I melted.It just exceeded 5 stone a bit more than the "Hand of Faith" but it was worth a very small fraction of the  "Hand of Faith"  so I stopped digging it up taking it all home. 🤣

I collect all lead detected. I recently sold a bucketful to a guy who does lead lighting. 

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

I collect all lead detected. I recently sold a bucketful to a guy who does lead lighting. 

Interesting.  Whats lead worth a kilo?   

Magnets help only for surface trash. What I dont want is to dig 1-2 feet holes only to find iron trash. At this depth the gold is likely > 1g so a probability meter might perhaps work. 

Agreed and this problem will always remain, its part of the game. But a few less deep holes dug at 100 deg F would make the experience more enjoyable...😀

I saw last years investor presentation and it was saying the 7000 was only midway through its expected production lifespan. True or not I don’t know. I agree it’s an arms race to find gold these days. I just hope my 7000 ‘investment’ will last a few more years. New coils are a lot cheaper that new detectors!

Been detecting heaps ever since the 2100. Reading about rumours of new ML gold  detectors have wasted about a year of my life and given me brain damage. (Not as bad as following QED threads though).
I will buy any new high priced ML high end gold detector because i will pay it off in the field. 
I just want ML to fix their ongoing design faults and actually talk to testers before they finalise the hardware rather then just getting the testers to check software.

Next model and coils must be lighter weight.
ML, After all these years please increase shaft length for tall people.

Please give use a robust charger and use wiring for charger leads that is thick and not the lowest spec useable.(all our cigi lead wires shorted out after minimal use on Zed).

For the price you charge for your gold detectors, a padded control box cover should be supplied so your loyal customers can protect their large investment. This would really show your commitment to quality and customers.

cheers RDD

B68CFE6E-BE9E-4416-8A8F-E768DBE3BC72.jpeg