Homemade Battery For Impulse AQ Ltd

2 hours ago, bklein said:

The version shown above appears to be the flat top type.  Aren't they intended for spot welded tabs?  Will they make good contact inline in a tube?

2 hours ago, bklein said:

The version shown above appears to be the flat top type.  Aren't they intended for spot welded tabs?  Will they make good contact inline in a tube?

Was my concern also but I have tested end to end and they are fine with slight pressure.

• 1 month later...

Finished up both waterproof batteries this past week, and had the inline battery out in the water about 12 hours now with no issues.

Both will cover my hunting needs for a while.  Both batteries packs charge to 16.8 volts...the inline EBL batteries are 5000 mAh, the Samsung 35E 3500 x 2 = 7000 mAh......Stock battery will go into storage and saved only for warranty issues. 

Cost wise the inline is the best investment...A little more work charging..but lighter then the stock battery.

The 8 cell battery has a longer run time, and much easier to charge..heavier then the stock battery ..the charger runs the price up on this setup...24 dollars plus 12.oo for the M-8 female fitting..

I may try and make a shorty 4 cell of this kind since I have the charger already. Runtime would be around 5 hours plus using 3500mAh batteries....3500 divided by 9.8 mAh = 357 +/-  minutes runtime. 

20200805_005849.jpg

20200805_005700.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't opt for making duel, side by side, battery packs. That way you can swap battery packs with the flip of a switch. Solves the limited detecting time and they make a great stand when out of the water. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, Carolina said:

Was my concern also but I have tested end to end and they are fine with slight pressure.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:32 PM, bklein said:
  • I see somewhere little magnets are sold to create the buttons.

Fills the gap, so far works perfect. K & J Magnets. Now if I can get in...

D41G-N52one.jpg

D51-N52one.jpg