The Most Un Deserved Ring

I have ever dug.  Being a nice day Friday I went to a beach that I had a 15 minute walk to get where I wanted to hunt. 

Being a nice day many people were walking the beach, So not having to dodge them or answer questions I went into the

water thigh deep and walked down the beach detector on and just pushing it straight not swinging.  5 minutes in I get a signal

stop back up locate it 2nd scoop up comes this 8.8 gram 14K Band.    It just goes to show that Gold is where you find it.

Finished out the hunt with some clad and lead sinkers.

udr.jpg

It's that gold radar you have in your head 😄 Nice size too.

Nicey Nice, Great find. Its those kinda days that make it all worth while.

2 hours ago, Jim in ma said:

It just goes to show that Gold is where you find it.

Gold is where you look for it!

That is a Nice chunk of 14k! Got to love when you find gold early in the hunt.. I'm not sure what the feeling is called... but it sure is satisfying.

Funny, everytime a see a hand shot with gold I think of Casper..

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That is a Nice chunk of 14k! Got to love when you find gold early in the hunt.. I'm not sure what the feeling is called... but it sure is satisfying.

Funny, everytime a see a hand shot with gold I think of Casper..

I call that feeling a "Rush" as in adrenaline. It's almost worse  finding one right off the bat , compared to one at the end. Yeah , you might find more. But often it's a let down from being  jacked up so early. Compared to the end of your hunt. You're tired , you knew you hunted good and covered your zones. And were pleasantly rewarded for your hard work. Kinda more satisfying....Kinda 🤣

Nice ring BTW !

Jim,

I don't think it's an undeserved find!

Like the bracelet I found this week, I feel we are all "steered" In a particular direction or area,  by whatever you believe leads your coil! Jesus, intuition, karma, luck, experience, avoiding other people😁, or any of the above!

Most anyone who has detected; even first timers, have found incredible things, without even trying, sometimes! It was your time around, and hopefully it will happen like that again! It's a special feeling, over and above the hunts that you really work hard for! 

That's part of the fun, and attraction to detecting! At least for me!!👍👍

Seems like the people walking on the beach were telling you where to look.

Great find and good luck on your next hunt.

Nice heavy ring there!

I was once hunting a park for hours and not finding anything good so as I was leaving I walked right along dragging the coil beside me across the grass. Suddenly a good sound in the earphones. I stop, back up and dig. Out comes a silver quarter! Ya never know!!